Quick Noob Questions

PocketAces21

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
Just for reference: iPhone 3G, iPhone OS 2.2, Windows, iTunes 8
I have a few questions before taking the plunge:
Does a jailbroken iPhone preserve EVERY function it had when it had the official firmware?
e.g.
Does it still sync music, movies, podcasts, apps, contacts, calendars when I connect it to iTunes?
Can I still access the iPhone settings and features and change everything?
Do all apps work the same?

Also, what happens when a new update comes out? How would I update to the new firmware and jailbreak it and still carry over all the things from the old firmware?

Other than that, I've read over all the stickies and guides, so I'm pretty clear on the process of jailbreaking using QuickPwn.

JasontheGreat

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, you just do a factory restore in worst case scenario and re-sync iPhone. People need to get over the jailbreak fears I say. You are not getting the full potential if you do not jailbreak.

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
^ I said this before and I will say it again. We jailbreak our phones to maximize their features and unleash their potential. Jailbreaking does NOT mean stealing Apps.

You won't find your answer here.

joeya7x

Jan 4, 2009
myspace.com
^ I said this before and I will say it again. We jailbreak our phones to maximize their features and unleash their potential. Jailbreaking does NOT mean stealing Apps.

I agree, although I will say it is "possible" to do so, i wouldnt suggest it, the developers worked hard on these apps not so people can steal them. I will admit and not be a hypocrite, i have done it, but only to test out an app before i purchase it. If i dont plan on purchasing it, i most certainly delete it.

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
^ and not to mention, the best games are not going for more than $10. It is not like $50 per game (PSP anyone?).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2