can i jailbreak a 3G running 2.2?

Don Pianta

Jan 1, 2009
Visit site
i have a 3g iphone and it is currently running the 2.2 firmware (NEVER BEEN JAILBROKEN) ... is there a way i can jailbreak it without losing all of the apps i bought from the app store?

also if i were to jailbreak my phone would i need to downgrade it first and then jailbreak it... and THEN upgrade to the jailbroken 2.2?

I DO NOT want to unlock my phone... i just want to jailbreak it...
but if i need to downgrade to be able to jailbreak it... wouldn't it just be easier to wait for 2.3 and just jailbreak it when that comes out?

Don Pianta

Jan 1, 2009
Visit site
i am sure there are people who know what happens when you jailbreak your phone...

will i lose all of th apps that i downloaded from the app store?

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
You WILL NOT lose any of your apps downloaded from the App store if you jailbreak your phone correctly.

Since you are already on 2.2 with a basically brand new phone, you can simply download QuickPWN (pc) and follow the simple steps to jailbreak the phone! :D

anon(4664709)

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
confused

Ok, now I'm confused - I've read that if I jailbreak with 3rd party applications installed, it will brick the iPhone and I'd have to do a restore, but you're saying I can run the pwn and it should be OK? (is QuickPwn better or worse than Pwnage Tool? in this respect?)

I've had a new 3G (2.2) for about a week now and have some application data that I don't want to lose and bunch of apps that I've downloaded from the App Store.

(BTW, how does one do a restore from backup? when I shift-click "restore" like someone suggested, it gives me the same "factory restore" option as always.)

maliks

Jan 11, 2009
Visit site
i download Quickpwn and jailbreaking my iphone 3G (2.2) this is my first phone and 3rd day ..now i got 3rd part apps with out any issue but i have question if i need to downgrde ..so i just connt with itunes and select restore option and im good to go ?
any help ?
thank you in advance ..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR