Why and Should I Jailbreak my IPHONE 3G?

steveken

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
How long did it take you to jailbrake it? And just thinking, since you did it on a phone with 2.2 on it already, I don't see why I would have to put it back to 2.0 like it came with. Seems to me that if all it is is basically a firmware update, then I shouldn't have much to worry about. Seems like it should be just like any other firmware update that I have done in the past where none of my apps were messed with. Guess I am just being too overly cautious.

I guess that if Apple bumps it up to 2.3 then it would mess it up and have to go through the jailbrake process again as soon as they come out with the newer version. Guess by that point it shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

Last edited:

ddk997

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
How long did it take you to jailbrake it? And just thinking, since you did it on a phone with 2.2 on it already, I don't see why I would have to put it back to 2.0 like it came with. Seems to me that if all it is is basically a firmware update, then I shouldn't have much to worry about. Seems like it should be just like any other firmware update that I have done in the past where none of my apps were messed with. Guess I am just being too overly cautious.

I guess that if Apple bumps it up to 2.3 then it would mess it up and have to go through the jailbrake process again as soon as they come out with the newer version. Guess by that point it shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

Took approx. 5-10 minutes to jailbreak my phone entirely

steveken

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
Well, it took a little longer for me since I had stuff on mine, but its done. I installed Qik and Winterboard so far. Trying to figure out how to configure Winterboard like you did cause it is cool. I was soooooo nervous about doing it, but it ended up being okay.

steveken

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
BTW, whats a good MMS application for a jailbroken phone? I would like to try it out cause its one feature I have wanted every now and then.

Frazier151

Dec 21, 2008
Visit site
Relax, lucky for you i went through all the mistakes. I have the 3g 2.2 on a new macbook pro 10.5.6. I'll spare you all the mistakes i made just know i turned my iphone into an ipod because i didn't want to use the DFU fix, so i tried it on my dell (vista) 1st. Just know that you are able to bring it back to warranted condition by doing a restore through itunes. Below should save you 4 hours of headaches, panic and wasted time.

All you need to know: Get this RapidShare: Easy Filehosting which I found at Simple Steps to Re-enable DFU Mode in Mac OS X 10.5.6 to Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone - iPhone Hacks. Run Pwnage Tool 2.2, follow the guides (remember to uncheck activate.) Enjoy.

Last edited:

steveken

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
I did it just fine by unplugging and replugging the usb cable when it gave me the error in iTunes. Worked just fine for me. A LOT easier than trying to download some stupid files that may come from someone that may screw them up and then mod my perfectly good OS X install with crap from the previous release. :) Thanks though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods