Newbie Question about ATT service on JailBreak

jayman30

Oct 28, 2008
www.iphonedownlow.com
Hi,

I'm considering jailbreaking my 3G iPhone using Quickpwn, but was wondering if I would run into any problems when using my valid ATT iPhone contract.

Specifically I was wondering if there's any customizing needed during the Quickpwn building process to not screw up the phone's ability to activate properly afterwards and make calls and if Visual Voicemail still functions on a Jailbroken phone. Or if there's anything else I need to watch out for.

I'm using the Mac version of Quickpwn v1.1

Thanks for any help/suggestions,
jayman30

tx76mike

May 25, 2004
Visit site
Im on a MAC and no issues after I jailbreaked my 3G... no customization done either, just went through the jailbreak, and everything works like it did prior.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Hi,

I'm considering jailbreaking my 3G iPhone using Quickpwn, but was wondering if I would run into any problems when using my valid ATT iPhone contract.

Specifically I was wondering if there's any customizing needed during the Quickpwn building process to not screw up the phone's ability to activate properly afterwards and make calls and if Visual Voicemail still functions on a Jailbroken phone. Or if there's anything else I need to watch out for.

I'm using the Mac version of Quickpwn v1.1

Thanks for any help/suggestions,
jayman30

The guys above are correct. You can jailbreak with no side effects to your AT&T service or contract. They won't even know.

jayman30

Oct 28, 2008
www.iphonedownlow.com
Well, I tried it and it nearly bricked my phone for some reason. First let me say, that this is a brand new, 1 week old iPhone 3G--and maybe that had something to do with all the problems I had jailbreaking.

Man, I don't know if ATT or Apple-- or both changed something on these latest phones or what, but I couldn't get it to work at all. QuickPwn install was sucessfull then the phone got stuck in an endless reboot at the Apple logo. It would sit at the logo screen for about 15 minutes then buzz and reboot back to the Apple logo, this contiuned for over 2 hrs. I had to "revirginized" it to get it to work again, but not with out major work.

Tried it first on my Macbook with OSX 10.5.5, then (after restoring with the original firmware) on a friend's Vista notebook. It was a total pain getting the phone back into restore mode and reinstalling the original 2.1 software and firmware with iTunes--thought it may have been bricked for good for a while. The 2nd time iTunes bricked the phone saying the Activation Info was incorrect. A couple of hours later it suddenly activated on its own (not connected to iTunes)

I'm pretty sure I didn't screw something up, since I jailbroke and unlocked my old Gen 1, 4GB iphone to give it added eBay value. I followed the exact same guide I tried on the 3G (except for downloading the correct, First Gen. v2.1 update) with no problems at all. I was so impressed with the added functionality jailbreaking gave that I wanted to give it a try on my new iPhone. I still can't believe all the trouble I had!

Yikes! I think I'll leave it alone for now.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
My Iphone Is Driving Me Crazy Please Help

i have restored my phone to factory settings and then i follow steps for PWNAGE TOOLS and QUICKPWN.....on pwnage tools i wait for it to open itunes so i get an error then i close it and open it again and get the same error so then i unplug my phone and hold onto home yet nothing happens so then i hold power and home....restarts then try to use the custom firmware nothing.

quickpwn at step 8 just stays in a blank progress bar I am currently in that state and have been waiting for about 10 minutes now and i have no response.

MAC OSX

IF YOU COULD HELP THAT WOULD BE GREAT...i HAVE BEEN TRYING DIFFERENT WAYS FOR TWO DAYS NOW!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice