PdaNet released in Cydia!!!!11!1!!1!!!

endGame#IM

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
I just downloaded it from Cydia right now...going to see how it works :)

Update: Wow. Tethering with the iPhone has never been simpler.

You make an ad-hoc network, have the iPhone connect to it, and that's it! The app also runs in the background, so you can still use the iPhone without leaving the app open on the screen! This is awesome!

Last edited:

endGame#IM

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
Having trouble getting it to work...

Did you have to manually assign IP addresses to the connection on your iphone and pc?

hm, no...i created the ad-hoc connection like i always have - initiate the connection via laptop, iphone connects to it, done. i have vista if that matters.

endGame#IM

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
hey,
could you explain your last thread in steps? I am using firmware version 2.1 and I have pdanet installed but I don't see how to connect via ad-hoc.

1. You set up an ad-hoc network using your laptop (this turns the laptop into a discoverable wireless router...sort of). For instructions search google. It's everywhere.
2. Use your iPhone, connect to the wireless network that you created on your laptop.
3. Fire up PdaNet

that's it.

endGame#IM

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
What is Cydia? Do you have to jailbreak the iphone first or it's available through the app store? I don't think att allow tethering.

who in the right mind here doesn't jailbreak their iphone? you must be mad!

no one says at&t specifically bans tethering, but apple pulling the netshare app only indicates something to that extent. then again, you're supposed to be on the business data plan if you want exchange access, but personal data plan works just the same.

pdanet is supposed to treat data from your pc the same as data through the phone (at least on other platforms), so i don't believe even carriers can find out regardless.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2