On Tmobile do I have access to all of the iPhones features?

TrunksSSJ23

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
If I buy an Unlocked/Jailbroken iPhone and use it with my T-Mobile simcard, what services will I have access to, and which will I won't? For example, will the internet access work, say if I am next to a router? Or will I have to pay for this? Also will Youtube, etc work since I am using T-Mobile? Thanks.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
You have access to all of the features on the phone. As long as you have a data plan with T-Mobile. You will however have to set up the network on the phone. Just do a google search for "tmobile internet settings for iphone".

I do know if you have a BB and switch to a unlocked iPhone you use the following:
wap.voicestream.com

*Or you can use wifi yes.

TrunksSSJ23

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
Alright sounds good. I have the family plan on T-Mobile right now, with unlimited text messages and stuff. So I will have my unlimited text messages still right? And that sounds real good that internet would be free with a router :D. What's BB? And will there be any additional charges showing up on my bill with this smartphone?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
BB = BlackBerry. If you don't have a internet plan watch out because if you are checking emails away from a wifi source you will be racking up major data bills.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Nope, sold it when I got my 3g. My girlfriends iPhone is unlocked and is on Tmobile. I had to do all this research you are doing now a while back for her.

ronbo2000

Mar 16, 2003
Visit site
The nice thing about having AT&T as your telco provider is that you get the benefit of faster speeds, as long as you have the iPhone 3g, else you get only the EDGE speed on either company.

Also if you are close to those wifi access points like Starbucks then its free. I forgot how long is the T-Mo's access to Starbucks wifi will be free. I read somewhere that existing TMo account with hotspot access are still granted wifi access with Starbucks.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Oh, cool. And she is liking the iPhone on T-Mobile? How much did you end up selling your iPhone for?

I'm going to be switching her over to At&t soon and get her a 3g. She likes the iPhone though coming from a BB. I sold my 16gb to someone I work with for $350. It was in perfect condition - not a single scratch. Could probably have gotten more but that is the price I told her a while back. So I kept my word.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73