We are currently working on a new app and would like to invite anyone interested to help us beta test.

Phototroop is a location based photo sharing app. Phototroop analyzes your camera history to show you all moments you share with other Phototroopers. You can then share photos and chat with other Phototroopers.

Phototroop is a social app and will only really start to work once multiple Phototroopers in your area are using it. We encourage you to share the beta with friends and family to be able to start testing.

You can request a Testflight invite at Phototroop Beta Sign up

Please post any remarks and bug reports in this thread!

Known issues:

- Notifications are not yet configurable
    - The app can only work if you have geotagging enabled for your camera (It is enabled by default0. iPhone Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Camera. The app should show a warning when this setting is off
    Last edited by pfluger; 02-03-2018 at 05:30 PM.
    02-03-2018 04:16 PM
    So I signed up with email and password. Got to the get started and did that.
    Then got this and was stuck on 95%.

I waited about 5 minutes, then started poking around and got stuck on this page:

So I logged out, then tried to log back in and got stuck on this page:.

It would not log in.
    02-03-2018 05:00 PM
    Showing "No Moments Found" at this time is to be expected. Phototroop matches your photo history with other users to find places/times you have in common (Think a bday party or other events). For testing purposes it is best if you can share the app with friends/family that you know have been to the same places and taken pictures there.

How many photos do you have approx. in your camera roll?

Also, the app can only work if your photos are being geotagged when taken (It is enabled by default0. iPhone Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Camera
    02-03-2018 05:26 PM
    So I logged out, then tried to log back in and got stuck on this page:.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ad5c19d599.jpg

It would not log in.
    Any error message when you tap Login?
    02-03-2018 05:31 PM
    Any error message when you tap Login?
    No message. When I tap the log in button, it briefly shows the spinning load wheel. About half a second. Then nothing.

I just opened it again and landed on this page. There's no where to go from this page. No back button or caret. No option to go to a home page or anything. Just stuck there. I can go to the settings via the gear. But there's nothing there but the sign out.

02-03-2018 06:22 PM
    Just signed up. Looks promising.
    02-03-2018 06:40 PM
    02-04-2018 08:05 AM
    Moved to Developer’s Lounge. iOS development forum.
    02-04-2018 09:01 AM
    Invited my friend, he signed up and received the invite (in Gmail app) but the blue “accept” button does not seem to work, it does not do anything. Can you also include a redeem code to manually enter into TestFlight?

ETA: When we opened gmail in Safari, the button worked properly and I was able to finish setting him up.
    Last edited by randally; 02-04-2018 at 11:20 AM.
    02-04-2018 09:38 AM
    At this time you have 3 users in Brazil and we will spread it around here as well.
    pfluger likes this.
    02-04-2018 11:21 AM
    @pfluger PM sent.
    I can see the login attempts on our server and they do succeed. It seems to be something wrong on the app side. Can you try to quit the app (double tap homescreen, swipe the app up) and then opening it up again. Is it now logged in?
    02-04-2018 03:49 PM
    Invited my friend, he signed up and received the invite (in Gmail app) but the blue “accept” button does not seem to work, it does not do anything. Can you also include a redeem code to manually enter into TestFlight?

ETA: When we opened gmail in Safari, the button worked properly and I was able to finish setting him up.
    Happy to hear you were able to resolve this. Let me know how the app works for you.
    02-04-2018 03:50 PM
    I can see the login attempts on our server and they do succeed. It seems to be something wrong on the app side. Can you try to quit the app (double tap homescreen, swipe the app up) and then opening it up again. Is it now logged in?
    I've tried that several times. No go.
    I seem to can log in now, but it takes me direct to this page with no way to go anywhere but the settings. I've deleted the app twice and reinstalled. I always end up stuck on this page.
    Last edited by Ledsteplin; 02-05-2018 at 01:59 PM.
    02-05-2018 01:45 PM
    Just signed up. Looks promising.
    Are you still taking beta invites? I never received an email.

Yes, I know it's only been 2 days. My patience level has been 0 lately. LOL
    02-05-2018 01:48 PM
    Are you still taking beta invites? I never received an email.

Yes, I know it's only been 2 days. My patience level has been 0 lately. LOL
    I found mine in the junk folder.
    02-05-2018 02:00 PM
    I found mine in the junk folder.
    First, second and third place I looked. LOL
    02-05-2018 02:01 PM
    First, second and third place I looked. LOL
    Not sure why mine came to the junk folder. The no reply address iTunes used is listed in the contact card I have for them. Odd. And they're in my VIP list.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    02-05-2018 05:28 PM
    Not sure why mine came to the junk folder. The no reply address iTunes used is listed in the contact card I have for them. Odd. And they're in my VIP list.
    Almost 30 years in IT and I stopped trying to figure out why mail servers flag some mail as spam and not others. I mean, I know WHY, but the rules and reasons are not consistent.
    02-05-2018 05:38 PM
    I've tried that several times. No go.
    I seem to can log in now, but it takes me direct to this page with no way to go anywhere but the settings. I've deleted the app twice and reinstalled. I always end up stuck on this page.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...82bd877a35.jpg
    I think we have been able to fix the login problem. An update is going into beta review today.

The screen that you are seeing is the correct home screen. Yours is empty as you do not currently have any locations from your photo library in common with another Phototrooper. Once other Phototroopers join that have taken photos at the same places/times as you, you will see those showing up.
    02-06-2018 02:51 AM
    I think we have been able to fix the login problem. An update is going into beta review today.

The screen that you are seeing is the correct home screen. Yours is empty as you do not currently have any locations from your photo library in common with another Phototrooper. Once other Phototroopers join that have taken photos at the same places/times as you, you will see those showing up.
    Thanks.
    02-07-2018 04:53 PM
    This morning I had a notification that 2 friends had posted, but when I go to the app, there is no new activity. When I pulled down Notifications, the note were no longer there. But Notification setting is set to show in history. So far, not much joy in this app.

Randall
    02-17-2018 07:56 AM
    This morning I had a notification that 2 friends had posted, but when I go to the app, there is no new activity. When I pulled down Notifications, the note were no longer there. But Notification setting is set to show in history. So far, not much joy in this app.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ba1b5e7a69.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...008568c96b.jpg
    Randall
    Some of the notifications failed to send out when they were originally due. They caught up a couple of days later. If the other Phototrooper had unpublished his photo in the meantime you would not see anything.

Once we start growing the user base and more people using Phototroop spend time at the same locations as you, you will see more activity on the app. At this time the best you can do is share the app among friends and family.
    02-25-2018 04:55 PM