Phototroop - Beta Testing

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Update 28 April 2020

We have redesigned and rewritten Phototroop from the ground up!

We are working hard to make Phototroop your global photo album. Please share your feedback!

What is Phototroop?

Phototroop is the global photo album. Phototroop lets you discover photos of places and moments other Phototroopers are sharing on the Phototroop map. See what others have captured, connect and chat!

Exciting events, cool venues, landmarks or personal moments like weddings or birthday parties: Everyone is taking pictures! Phototroop makes it easy to share these photos and make them easily discoverable.

Take a journey through the Phototroop map to discover new places and people, or re-discover places and events you have been to and see what other Phototroopers have shared there.

You can join the beta using Testflight at Phototroop Beta Sign up

Please post any remarks and bug reports in this thread!

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
So I signed up with email and password. Got to the get started and did that.
Then got this and was stuck on 95%.
4afbe55d1e882e4fe2e0f6ec7a4f2d95.jpg

I waited about 5 minutes, then started poking around and got stuck on this page:
a78b12f492b2bf59870acdb63aeeb9ab.jpg

So I logged out, then tried to log back in and got stuck on this page:.
1baf5a3c1f5421f5fe62e8ad5c19d599.jpg

It would not log in.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Showing "No Moments Found" at this time is to be expected. Phototroop matches your photo history with other users to find places/times you have in common (Think a bday party or other events). For testing purposes it is best if you can share the app with friends/family that you know have been to the same places and taken pictures there.

How many photos do you have approx. in your camera roll?

Also, the app can only work if your photos are being geotagged when taken (It is enabled by default0. iPhone Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Camera

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Any error message when you tap Login?

No message. When I tap the log in button, it briefly shows the spinning load wheel. About half a second. Then nothing.

I just opened it again and landed on this page. There's no where to go from this page. No back button or caret. No option to go to a home page or anything. Just stuck there. I can go to the settings via the gear. But there's nothing there but the sign out.

bbd69001b93d03e3b958c8bdaf4f8a91.jpg

randally

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
Invited my friend, he signed up and received the invite (in Gmail app) but the blue “accept” button does not seem to work, it does not do anything. Can you also include a redeem code to manually enter into TestFlight?

ETA: When we opened gmail in Safari, the button worked properly and I was able to finish setting him up.

Last edited:

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Invited my friend, he signed up and received the invite (in Gmail app) but the blue “accept” button does not seem to work, it does not do anything. Can you also include a redeem code to manually enter into TestFlight?

ETA: When we opened gmail in Safari, the button worked properly and I was able to finish setting him up.

Happy to hear you were able to resolve this. Let me know how the app works for you.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I can see the login attempts on our server and they do succeed. It seems to be something wrong on the app side. Can you try to quit the app (double tap homescreen, swipe the app up) and then opening it up again. Is it now logged in?

I've tried that several times. No go.
I seem to can log in now, but it takes me direct to this page with no way to go anywhere but the settings. I've deleted the app twice and reinstalled. I always end up stuck on this page.
d98ace931d7d031074ba0a82bd877a35.jpg

Last edited:

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Not sure why mine came to the junk folder. The no reply address iTunes used is listed in the contact card I have for them. Odd. And they're in my VIP list.

Almost 30 years in IT and I stopped trying to figure out why mail servers flag some mail as spam and not others. I mean, I know WHY, but the rules and reasons are not consistent.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I've tried that several times. No go.
I seem to can log in now, but it takes me direct to this page with no way to go anywhere but the settings. I've deleted the app twice and reinstalled. I always end up stuck on this page.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180205/d98ace931d7d031074ba0a82bd877a35.jpg

I think we have been able to fix the login problem. An update is going into beta review today.

The screen that you are seeing is the correct home screen. Yours is empty as you do not currently have any locations from your photo library in common with another Phototrooper. Once other Phototroopers join that have taken photos at the same places/times as you, you will see those showing up.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I think we have been able to fix the login problem. An update is going into beta review today.

The screen that you are seeing is the correct home screen. Yours is empty as you do not currently have any locations from your photo library in common with another Phototrooper. Once other Phototroopers join that have taken photos at the same places/times as you, you will see those showing up.

Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711