Seeking Beta Testers for the Word Art app

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That does sound like there's a crash when loading the editor, then. Can you confirm that you're on the latest iOS beta? I will have a thorough look through the code today to see if I can spot any issues, and try to ensure that if this is a crash that can be caught, that that crash is then logged.

So far you're the only one to report this and I've not come across it during my use or testing. Hopefully the issue will get resolved.

Sorry for the problems you've been having, but thank you for testing!

I'm on iOS 10 public beta 7. iPhone 6s Plus. The drawer where the "edit" and the "+" options are located will not load. It shows for a split second, then goes to the message "Unable To Load Word Art".

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok. The drawer loads now. I can create new stickers. But the "edit" button still crashes it with the "Unable to load" message. It's improvement!

But it's unstable. Real touchy!

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I have a silly question.... when it says "Sync Complete", what is actually syncing and where is it syncing too?

JosephDuffy

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
I have a silly question.... when it says "Sync Complete", what is actually syncing and where is it syncing too?

The stickers are synced via iCloud, so they will be available on other devices. This message is letting you know that your created/updated/deleted stickers have been synced. I am thinking about removing this message as it can be quite confusing, and it's also pointless if you only use the app on a single device.

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
The stickers are synced via iCloud, so they will be available on other devices. This message is letting you know that your created/updated/deleted stickers have been synced. I am thinking about removing this message as it can be quite confusing, and it's also pointless if you only use the app on a single device.

Lol oh! Well yeah now it makes sense. I use it on multiple devices.

JosephDuffy

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
Lol oh! Well yeah now it makes sense. I use it on multiple devices.

You should find that your stickers are synced across each of your devices then! (you'll need to be logged in to the same iCloud account on both devices). Thank you for your feedback, though! I will remove the "Sync Complete" message in the next version :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I released an update last night that (along with a few other changes) is less crash-happy, and I should be receiving any errors that occur. Please let me know how your experience is with the latest version!

The "edit" still crashes it. Why would it do this only on my phone?
I deleted it and reinstalled it. Now it doesn't load at all. It appears to only be on my phone. Why?

JosephDuffy

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
The "edit" still crashes it. Why would it do this only on my phone?
I deleted it and reinstalled it. Now it doesn't load at all. It appears to only be on my phone. Why?

I am still not seeing any crashes from build 7 (the latest build) of the app. I believe there are still a few bugs in iOS 10 regarding iMessage Apps, including that crashes aren't always (so far for me: never) caught or reported. Again, I am sorry you've been seeing a lot of crashes. I use the app myself daily and I can see that others have been using the app without any issues. I will look at improving the error handling again in the future, but I am not sure what more I can do!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I am still not seeing any crashes from build 7 (the latest build) of the app. I believe there are still a few bugs in iOS 10 regarding iMessage Apps, including that crashes aren't always (so far for me: never) caught or reported. Again, I am sorry you've been seeing a lot of crashes. I use the app myself daily and I can see that others have been using the app without any issues. I will look at improving the error handling again in the future, but I am not sure what more I can do!

It seems the sync doesn't happen. I can swipe to the left to another iMessage app, then swipe back and it shows about 1 second, then crashes. It's the same as it did before. Maybe it'll start working again minus the edit. If I can create new stickers, I'll be happy. Just wish I knew why me? Lol Maybe the next OS update will fix it. Or when iOS 10 is released.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR