I'm developing a game about space battles where spaceships bots will folow lines of three tactics out of dozens possible ones. the number of ships in battle ranges from 2 to 30. Now I'm looking for new ideas of possible tactics Perhaps, you have any ideas?
    I've divided all tactics in two base groups - attack and defence. As regards attack tactics, I've already made:
    1. Base attack: ships moves to the closest enemy, hits it, flyaway to random direction if too close to the target;
    2. Chasing tactics: ship tries to attack from behind - finds suitable target and chase it. Flyaway only if target heads to the ship and collision is possible;
    Planned attack tactics:
    3. Hit&Run tactics: ship promptly and intensively fires with all weapons, then recharge energy til the end of round.
    4. Sniper tactics: ship attack distant targets using rare but powerful shots, tries to avoid close combat
    Plans regarding Defence tactics:
    1. Base defence: ship activates shields after first damage and deactibates some time after the last shot or after energy is empty.
    2. Smart Defence: Shops activate shields relevant to attack direction (fromnd. side, down, etc) or attacked equipment (engines, weapon, CPU, etc). Everything else like in 1 case.
    3. Dance-dance tactics: rapid changes in velocity and movement directions
    4. Repairing tactics: ships uses energy to repair some share of damaged armor and equipment
    Last edited by Lysogora; 05-09-2015 at 03:37 PM.
    05-09-2015 03:11 PM
    Just to show the context of the game
    05-09-2015 03:13 PM
    Good luck with your game development. Let us know if it hits the App Store.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    05-09-2015 03:15 PM
    Thank you. Hopes, iOS version will appear in a month or two.
    05-09-2015 03:24 PM
    [NOTE]Moved to iOS & OS X Development Forum[/NOTE]
    05-09-2015 04:47 PM