Apple Sneaks A Big Change Into iOS 5: Phasing Out Developer Access To The UDID | TechCrunch

Apple Phasing Out Developer Access to UDIDs in iOS 5 - Mac Rumors

Apple restricting iOS betas for developers to actual developers.... how 'bout that.

EDIT: Looks like I read it all wrong... my bad.
    Last edited by kch50428; 08-19-2011 at 06:52 PM.
    08-19-2011 06:10 PM
    I'm not surprised by this at all. It's been well known that Apple hasn't been happy that even people that aren't developers have been using iOS 5 beta on their devices. As far as I know, though, nothing has been done yet.

---
    - Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.
    08-19-2011 06:26 PM
    That story is actually about Apple removing the ability of apps to read your phones unique serial number and nothing to do with restricting access to ios betas.

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-19-2011 06:37 PM
    I'll be interested to see how this plays outthose articles don't say anything about users being unable to share their OWN UDIDs, only that devs won't be able to access them through their apps for marketing/ad-targeting purposes.

In other words, if Apple still uses UDIDs as a way to install betas then it's possible that not much will change on that front.
    08-19-2011 06:43 PM
    Oops. Looks like we were posting at the same time.
    08-19-2011 06:44 PM
    I wonder if they keep it in private frameworks. As an enterprise developer I absolutely need to be able to identify devices for security reasons. In general enterprise apps are not reviewed by Apple, and this means you can use any private frameworks.
    09-04-2011 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD