Announce calls and Messages

squill

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I have been waiting for years and hoping eventually the iPhone would have an option to announce who is calling or announce who a text is from. This would be great for when you are driving or if you have your phone in your pocket. Does anyone have an idea if this will be available soon?

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I have been waiting for years and hoping eventually the iPhone would have an option to announce who is calling or announce who a text is from. This would be great for when you are driving or if you have your phone in your pocket. Does anyone have an idea if this will be available soon?

It IS available!! Announces name if in contacts...not sure what it says if not in contacts yet...doesn't announce texts but does do callers..

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
CarPlay, or indeed any car BT with display should show you the info on the car's display.

Also, any SmartWatch.

Beards

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
It IS available!! Announces name if in contacts...not sure what it says if not in contacts yet...doesn't announce texts but does do callers..
Shame it doesn't support text/messages as well. My wife uses phone and text announcements on her android LG phone and would move over to iOS if it too supported announcements.

If it makes her happy it makes my day so much smoother.

squill

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Car Play is expensive and not actually what I am referring to. Also, I don't see anything in the phone settings to announce the call.
What I am referring to is exactly with Beards said his wife's Android LG Phone does. It announces phone and text. Not sure why you can do this on Android and not iOS. I would think a lot of people would use this feature.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Car Play is expensive and not actually what I am referring to. Also, I don't see anything in the phone settings to announce the call.
What I am referring to is exactly with Beards said his wife's Android LG Phone does. It announces phone and text. Not sure why you can do this on Android and not iOS. I would think a lot of people would use this feature.

As was replied to me in this thread, look in the Phone settings for the voice announcement for inbound calls.

Messages does not appear to have this.

squill

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I know but I did mention in my reply I don't see the settings to announce phone calls. Plus it shouldn't be that hard. As Beard mentioned, Android does it.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Man, I used to love this feature on my jailbroken devices (where it was available with a tweak called Speak Notification). So many options--I always had mine set to only speak when I was using headphones/car speakers, but it went far beyond the phone to include Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, Messages, Messenger, etc.

I'm loving iOS 10 but there are definitely parts of the jailbreak world I miss!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2