Two "glitches" when using my phone

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I am curious if other people have experienced these.

The first happens if I try to use a text message from someone to add their phone number to their contact information (the text message just lists a phone number). I click on the details, click on the little "i", and select "add to existing contact". I then look up their contact information, select it, and this is where it gets wonky. The phone number will display for a couple of second under the list of phone numbers, but then it vanishes. If I save the contact, there is no update made. If I am lucky, I can hit "update" before the phone number vanishes, and the new information is added - but sometimes it vanishes too quickly. I have tried restarting the iPhone, closing all contacts and messaging apps in advance, but nothing seems to work.

The second issue is a mail issue. When I am going through my messages, and I swipe to delete a message, sometime the message re-appears right away, and I need to swipe a second time to delete it. Sometimes the same message re-appears up to three times. Eventually if I keep swiping it deletes the messages, but it gets a little confusing keeping track of messages that I thought I deleted but have to go back and delete again. This does not happen if I use the option to select multiple messages for deletion.

Any suggestions?

Chris

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I am curious if other people have experienced these.

The first happens if I try to use a text message from someone to add their phone number to their contact information (the text message just lists a phone number). I click on the details, click on the little "i", and select "add to existing contact". I then look up their contact information, select it, and this is where it gets wonky. The phone number will display for a couple of second under the list of phone numbers, but then it vanishes. If I save the contact, there is no update made. If I am lucky, I can hit "update" before the phone number vanishes, and the new information is added - but sometimes it vanishes too quickly. I have tried restarting the iPhone, closing all contacts and messaging apps in advance, but nothing seems to work.

The second issue is a mail issue. When I am going through my messages, and I swipe to delete a message, sometime the message re-appears right away, and I need to swipe a second time to delete it. Sometimes the same message re-appears up to three times. Eventually if I keep swiping it deletes the messages, but it gets a little confusing keeping track of messages that I thought I deleted but have to go back and delete again. This does not happen if I use the option to select multiple messages for deletion.

Any suggestions?

Chris

Sounds like maybe something is corrupted?.. I've never seen that myself either.. U could try doing a backup then restore iOS then restore the backup..

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I occasionally see the mail thing you describe. I've chalked it up to be a Gmail thing, because I don't see it with my Exchange or Outlook email accounts. I've also noticed in iOS 10 that swiping and tapping to clear gmail notifications does nothing. This is with gmail set up in iOS 10 mail app. I do not use the gmail app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal