Can't update apps

StayClassy101

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
They appear to update, even though it doesn't show in the App Store. See if the app has a blue dot next to it.

No blue dot. What worse is occasionally if this happened before, in the update section the I would see the icon change from "update" to "open" (even tho it wouldn't update). This would allow me to uninstall the app and reinstall it which would solve the problem. This time nothing since I updated to 9.3.4.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No blue dot. What worse is occasionally if this happened before, in the update section the I would see the icon change from "update" to "open" (even tho it wouldn't update). This would allow me to uninstall the app and reinstall it which would solve the problem. This time nothing since I updated to 9.3.4.

If you think deleting the app will help, why don't you delete it? What does it show where it shows "update"?

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Im on iOS 10 dev beta 4. Ever since the first beta it seems like it can take a while longer to see that updates for apps are out, but have yet to have an issue actually updating.

StayClassy101

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
If you think deleting the app will help, why don't you delete it? What does it show where it shows "update"?

This time all of the apps say open. None of the apps under update, have the update option switch to open. It doesn't show which app it is so I can't use my previous method short of deleting every app I have. I guess ill just wait until iOS 10 or it works itself out. Thank you tho.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
It appears to be a server issue, I'm still on 9.3.3 and I've been seeing it on both my iPhone and iPad, as well as in iTunes on my PC.

My guess is the servers were being hammered by 9.3.4 updates.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
This happened to me with my Best Buy app. It finally showed updated in the App Store a couple of hours later. I'm on the iOS 10 beta.

Happened to me with the Best Buy app also. I uninstalled the app and still the App Store app showed that there was an update available. I logged out of the Apple ID for the App Store, rebooted, logged back in and the App Store app still showed that there was an update available. I reinstalled the Best Buy app and that fixed it.

StayClassy101

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Happened to me with the Best Buy app also. I uninstalled the app and still the App Store app showed that there was an update available. I logged out of the Apple ID for the App Store, rebooted, logged back in and the App Store app still showed that there was an update available. I reinstalled the Best Buy app and that fixed it.

Just tried this with apps I had uninstalled recently post update. Turns out this was my case as well but with Instagram. Wow lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2