Forced password change

sjf707

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know why my phone would force me to change my home screen passcode?
I am currently on hotel wifi but I logged into that over 12 hours ago.
Steve
iPhone 6

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
That happened to my wife recently as well. Were you using a four-digit passcode? It made her change hers to a six-digit code. We were on home wifi at the time so I don't think that had anything to do with it. My guess is that Apple is trying to get away from four-digit passcodes for security reasons.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
That happened to my wife recently as well. Were you using a four-digit passcode? It made her change hers to a six-digit code. We were on home wifi at the time so I don't think that had anything to do with it. My guess is that Apple is trying to get away from four-digit passcodes for security reasons.

I'm getting up there in age, and if Apple keeps adding passcodes to everything on my phone then pretty soon I won't have access to it any more LOL. I'll not give up the great security that's there though. Much much better than anything the Android OS ever offered.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Write down all your passwords. I wrote down my new iTunes encryption backup password. Took me about a week to finally put in the correct password. Lot of time within that time line doing that. I am just glad that my password was not something like sdftFgy7603;(. Would never have guessed that one.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner