iTunes backup password.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I looked on You Tube for finding a I remembered password for an encrypted backup on iTunes. I chose the same settings. On the video the password was found in like less than a minute.

I am using the same programme and still have not had the password found. Been searching now for 13 minutes now.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I looked on You Tube for finding a I remembered password for an encrypted backup on iTunes. I chose the same settings. On the video the password was found in like less than a minute.

I am using the same programme and still have not had the password found. Been searching now for 13 minutes now.

I'm obviously missing something here. I'm not understanding how a YouTube video is suppose to help you remember "your" password in regard to your encrypted iTunes backups. Instead of viewing a video to try to possibly hack into an encrypted backup, sit back, relax, and recall the password that you set when you backed up your device.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
It is a programme that one uses to find the password. If the password consists of very short the password is located very fast. That is what I saw on the You Tube video. Mine being a longer password. Takes like way longer.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
It is a programme that one uses to find the password. If the password consists of very short the password is located very fast. That is what I saw on the You Tube video. Mine being a longer password. Takes like way longer.

If it was possible to retrieve passwords that way, what good is setting one in the first place??

I really sincerely hope that program will fail, or otherwise nothing is sacred anymore.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
If not then backing up a device using iTunes with the encryption option does not work.

Hopefully eventually the encryption password be found using the programme.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
If not then backing up a device using iTunes with the encryption option does not work.

Hopefully eventually the encryption password be found using the programme.

I back up with encryption with no problem. I just use a long complicated password and either remember it or write it down and put it in a safe place.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Elaborate??

How does encryption not work if you're not able to force crack the password?

Because on iTunes programme page when checking encryption this reads this will allow account passwords and HomeKit to be saved on this computer. Do not care about this HomeKit. Just passwords. I used this on my iPad Pro using encryption because I know that password so I was able to restore my replacement iPad using encryption.

All the applications, passwords, and all the information within all the applications was transferred to the new replacement iPad and the screens looked exactly just as on the replaced iPad. Even all the settings were transferred over.

Without encryption this would not be done. Just the applications would be transferred and would have to. Even put back applications in the folders I set up. Where as all the applications transferred using encryption option were placed in their folders just as I set up on the replaced iPad.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
If encryption is not used then when restoring the iPad the applications will not be in their correct folders or not in folders at all. I have applications with some notes in them, favourite radio stations in radio applications, a password programme with saved passwords. Things like that would be lost when restoring and backing to iPads.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
If I were to delete the encrypted back up. Would I then be able to turn off the password then start new by hooking up the iPad and create a new password then back up the iPad using incription?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
You don't have to delete the backup.. Just disable encrypted backup and enable it back. It should ask for a new password of your choosing. My advice is to write this one down and save it somewhere safe.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
No I backed up iPad to iCloud last night. I was told by an Apple representative in their chat window last night. Even though I were to completely set my iPad to factory settings by doing the reset and erasing the whole iPad that when I choose an encrypted backup I will be asked for the same unremembered password. To me that does not make any sense to me. This sure is annoying. I winder if the password is stored in the device somewhere. I was told where the password is stored on the computer but even searching the file the password is supposed to be in and used search for what I think world be a variation of the password. No luck.

St least on the device there is a way to reset the password. But iTunes is crazy when it comes to passwords.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
GUESS WHAT????? I figured out my encryption password. I thought I entred every password I ever used. Well.....it was the same password as my other 2 iPads EXCEPT instead of all caps before the number 2013 it was Upper case follower by all lower case. Example instead instead of SNAPPY5678 it is Snappy5678. I now have a much easier password to remember and I WROTE the password down like I did for the other iPads.

YES!!!!! Finally after all these times. My question why did I not ever try that password in the other zillion attempts.

Me happy puppy now.

I was afraid since this was a used iPad from eBay the previous owner set up an encryption password that stayed with the iPad even though the iPad came to me erased and I was able to set up like it was a brand new device.

I will still keep my iCloud backup though. But rely on my computers device back up.

By the way. It that it matters but Snappy5678 is just some fun criminal password that I made up just for this update.

I knew the Snappy5678 was correct because I did not see that little pop up window in iTunes reading this is an incorrect password try again.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner