iOS 9.3.3 Beta 5 Available now (Developer)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
iOS 9.3.3 Beta 2 Available now (Developer)

Ya it was not turning the camera on I would have to kill the camera app and relaunch did it three times to me. It was a blurry still image of what the camera first sees and then it would freeze

Oh wow. Yeah I take a ton of pics and luckily for me no issues on previous beta. Hopefully it resolves it for you.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
re: iOS 9.3.3 Beta 3 Available now (Developer)

One thing makes me wonder though. We are just a few days away from WWDC 2016 and yet we're getting 9.3.3 betas. Considering that betas come roughly 1-2 weeks apart, we can assume that there will be at least one more beta of 9.3.3 that will come in about 10 days. Does that mean that Apple will fork iOS into two streams, 9.3.x stream and 10.0.x stream come WWDC? It seems strange that they would even put out any more 9.3.x betas. Perhaps somebody who has more history with Apple and iOS can chime in. I'm relatively new to iPhone and iOS as a platform.

I guess I can see them continuing to develop and bug-fix 9.3 stream until September, but why bother with a 9.3.x beta and a 10.0.x beta at the same time at this moment...that's my question.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
re: iOS 9.3.3 Beta 3 Available now (Developer)

One thing makes me wonder though. We are just a few days away from WWDC 2016 and yet we're getting 9.3.3 betas. Considering that betas come roughly 1-2 weeks apart, we can assume that there will be at least one more beta of 9.3.3 that will come in about 10 days. Does that mean that Apple will fork iOS into two streams, 9.3.x stream and 10.0.x stream come WWDC? It seems strange that they would even put out any more 9.3.x betas. Perhaps somebody who has more history with Apple and iOS can chime in. I'm relatively new to iPhone and iOS as a platform.

I guess I can see them continuing to develop and bug-fix 9.3 stream until September, but why bother with a 9.3.x beta and a 10.0.x beta at the same time at this moment...that's my question.

If I recall, last year we had 8.3 and 8.4 betas at the same time. Or maybe 8.2 and 8.3. It was one of those.

The 9.3.3 betas are for immediate fixes while the 10 betas will be going on for 3 months. So yeah I can see this if it does happen.

Andrew Rossetti

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: iOS 9.3.3 Beta 3 Available now (Developer)

Has anyone seen an OTA for this? I checked for updates on my test device which has the developer beta profile installed, but no update is shown.

Andrew Rossetti

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site

Odd. I had the correct profile installed, I was definitely on Beta 2 (13G21), just no OTA prompt on my device (5th gen iPod Touch). I ended up just downloading the restore image and manually updating. I'll be interested to see what happens when the next beta / final version is released.

Andrew Rossetti

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site

Odd. I had the correct profile installed, I was definitely on Beta 2 (13G21), just no OTA prompt on my device (5th gen iPod Touch). I ended up just downloading the restore image and manually updating. I'll be interested to see what happens when the next beta / final version is released.

As a follow-up, didn't receive the OTA for this developer beta either. Also, looks like Apple removed the developer config profile from the download center for iOS 9. The profile they have under the iOS 10 section obviously did not work, though I tried anyway. I ended up switching over to the Public Beta profile and promptly got the OTA update. I wonder if this is because of the fact that my device is an iPod Touch, 5th gen and Apple simply removed unsupported devices from the developer side. That's my working theory, anyway.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal