Both my wife and I are experiencing a precipitous decrease in battery life on our iPhone 6Ss since upgrading to iOS 9.3.2.

Apple's advice is to restore and restart, which is absurd.

How many others are seeing poor battery life with the update? Looking around, it hardly seems to be a unique problem. Hopefully there's another update that fixes it.
    djg21 likes this.
    05-22-2016 10:13 AM
    Look at your battery setting and see if something is acting up. My wife's app was my fitness pal. Removed it and all was good. Wasn't a problem before the update.
    05-22-2016 10:23 AM
    Not me. I don't notice any change. Some are reporting better battery life. Are you and her using your phones more? There may be a few apps that need to update. These 3 things are what uses battery most.
    Screen brightness
    Push notifications
    Location services
    Annie_i6s likes this.
    05-22-2016 10:37 AM
    Nothing was changed other than the update. All apps are up to date.

On my phone, biggest user now is mail. Dramatically increased since the update, although no changes with accounts or usage. Similar on my wife's.
    05-22-2016 10:49 AM
    I have no issues with our iPhone 6, 6S & two iPad Airs.
    Check the Battery Usage in Settings to determine if an app is eating away at the battery life.
    Good Luck
    05-22-2016 10:52 AM
    Credit where credit's due to Apple. Since I upgraded to 9.3.2, may battery life is excellant. Saying that, I am a light to moderate user. After my last full charge, I had 37% left after 3 days.
    Fit24 likes this.
    05-23-2016 05:43 AM
    Mike, I'm experiencing the same thing. Absolutely terrible battery drain.
    05-23-2016 08:04 AM
    Definitely odd why some have poor battery life while other have same/better. Wonder if the changes are model specific.

Personally, I don't notice a difference with my 6S Plus.
    05-23-2016 10:14 AM
    I am not having any issues since updating to 9.3.2. I hope you can figure it out!
    05-23-2016 11:52 AM
    It can consume a lot of time trying to setting up the devices as new, OP.
    05-23-2016 12:00 PM
    Both my wife and I are experiencing a precipitous decrease in battery life on our iPhone 6Ss since upgrading to iOS 9.3.2.

Why is it absurd? Apple cannot know how your device is configured and they cannot know whether or not an app is fully compatible with the update. Also, downloads and installations can become corrupted on occasion and therefore, the advice they gave is legit, in my opinion.

How many others are seeing poor battery life with the update? Looking around, it hardly seems to be a unique problem. Hopefully there's another update that fixes it.
    my battery life is as it was prior to updating. Excellent, thus far.
    Frehley likes this.
    05-23-2016 01:54 PM
    Nothing was changed other than the update. All apps are up to date.

On my phone, biggest user now is mail. Dramatically increased since the update, although no changes with accounts or usage. Similar on my wife's.
    The big battery user for mail is the push notifications. Check all your notifications and turn any unnecessary apps off. Sometimes an update will mess with how things are set.
    05-23-2016 02:05 PM
    My battery life is the same as it was before the iOS 9.3.2 upgrade.
    05-23-2016 09:38 PM
    For me, it was the Facebook app that went rogue. I deleted it and my battery life is back to normal. I set up a shortcut to the mobile site for the time being.
    John Yester and Frehley like this.
    06-01-2016 09:08 AM
    For me, it was the Facebook app that went rogue. I deleted it and my battery life is back to normal. I set up a shortcut to the mobile site for the time being.
    You might also the Facebook client, Friendly +. It's like the mobile site in Safari on steroids. You can have multiple accounts and color themes.
    Friendly Plus with Ad Blocker by Friendly App Studio
    https://appsto.re/us/4AqXw.i
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
    06-01-2016 11:11 AM
    My wife and I are having the same exact issue of massive battery drain after installing 9.3.2 and here's the scary part: I backed up my phone and did a full reset, then set it up as a brand new phone so I am running nothing but ios and native apps. No mail. Nothing else other than phone and messaging.
    And the result is that with zero usage and no 3rd party apps to blame I'm still burning through a full charge in about 8 hours of standby.
    Verdict? POS 9.3.2 blows.
    I read on another forum that a Genius Bar staff member diagnosed a customers 9.3.2 phone and found a service repeatedly crashing and restarting was causing his battery drain, fwiw.
    06-05-2016 04:22 PM
    Yea, 9.3.2 is apparently not a happy update. Maybe 9.3.3 will help.
    06-06-2016 10:16 PM
    Some of these negative stories about iOS 9.3.2 are a little scary. I've been holding off on updating my 6s, especially as 9.3.1 seems to have finally settled in on my phone and the battery life seems better than when I first updated.
    06-07-2016 09:41 AM

i m also facing the same battery drain issue after the 9.3.2 update ..i loose almost 15-20 percent an hour at stand by .. more over i bought it from usa and currently i m at different place so i can't even swap my fone ..looking forward for support .. if anyone has a solution to this please let me know
    contact - [REDACTED]
    Last edited by Rob Phillips; 06-21-2016 at 05:53 PM.
    06-21-2016 05:35 PM
    My iPhone SE's battery was amazing on 9.3.1, I would get 2 days of heavy usage or 3 day of light usage on it.

I just did a factory reset on 9.3.2 and the battery is fine again.
    06-21-2016 07:24 PM
    An iTunes restore might help fix software related issues.
    06-21-2016 08:30 PM
    An iTunes restore might help fix software related issues.
    i set my iphone as new from the phone itself that didn't help shoud i try the itune restore
    06-22-2016 03:43 PM
    i set my iphone as new from the phone itself that didn't help shoud i try the itune restore
    Yes. Deleting all of the data doesn't really do anything except clearing the memory. An iTunes restore reinstalls a fresh version of iOS.
    06-22-2016 03:44 PM
    I had same issue when upgrading to 9.3.2. Battery would drain within hours. Restoring as new phone did NOT solve it. Restoring in DFU recovery mode did NOT help. Went to Apple store twice where they did not help. Phone was 18 months old and finally got new one for $79.

Went home to restore backup but versions were different. New phone had 9.2.1, so I upgraded to 9.3.2. Same result. Battery would drain quickly.

The solution to this is to sign up as public beta tester and get Beta 9.3.3 over the air. I did this and now the battery life is good. Go here to sign up:

https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

You can try others' suggestions but I would highly recommend your first upgrade to beta 9.3.3.
    Last edited by Sal Bandini; 06-24-2016 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Toned it down a bit
    06-24-2016 08:53 AM
    I had same issue when upgrading to 9.3.2. Battery would drain within hours. Restoring as new phone did NOT solve it. Restoring in DFU recovery mode did NOT help. Went to Apple store twice where they did not help. Phone was 18 months old and finally got new one for $79.

Went home to restore backup but versions were different. New phone had 9.2.1, so I upgraded to 9.3.2. Same result. Battery would drain quickly.

The solution to this is to sign up as public beta tester and get Beta 9.3.3 over the air. I did this and now the battery life is good. Go here to sign up:

https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

Do not listen to those that say check this check that, turn off this, reset that, nothing will help but a newer software version.
    Welcome to iMore! Everyone is entitled to their opinions. In my six years of experience with multiple iOS devices I can confidently say that there are many factors that can cause battery drain. Simply upgrading to a newer version of iOS is rarely the solution.
    06-24-2016 09:38 AM
31 12