iOS 9.3.2 horrible battery life

MikeElmendorf

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Both my wife and I are experiencing a precipitous decrease in battery life on our iPhone 6Ss since upgrading to iOS 9.3.2.

Apple's advice is to restore and restart, which is absurd.

How many others are seeing poor battery life with the update? Looking around, it hardly seems to be a unique problem. Hopefully there's another update that fixes it.

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Look at your battery setting and see if something is acting up. My wife's app was my fitness pal. Removed it and all was good. Wasn't a problem before the update.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Not me. I don't notice any change. Some are reporting better battery life. Are you and her using your phones more? There may be a few apps that need to update. These 3 things are what uses battery most.
Screen brightness
Push notifications
Location services

MikeElmendorf

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Nothing was changed other than the update. All apps are up to date.

On my phone, biggest user now is mail. Dramatically increased since the update, although no changes with accounts or usage. Similar on my wife's.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I have no issues with our iPhone 6, 6S & two iPad Airs.
Check the Battery Usage in Settings to determine if an app is eating away at the battery life.
Good Luck

vegas33139

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Credit where credit's due to Apple. Since I upgraded to 9.3.2, may battery life is excellant. Saying that, I am a light to moderate user. After my last full charge, I had 37% left after 3 days.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Definitely odd why some have poor battery life while other have same/better. Wonder if the changes are model specific.

Personally, I don't notice a difference with my 6S Plus.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Both my wife and I are experiencing a precipitous decrease in battery life on our iPhone 6Ss since upgrading to iOS 9.3.2.

Why is it absurd? Apple cannot know how your device is configured and they cannot know whether or not an app is fully compatible with the update. Also, downloads and installations can become corrupted on occasion and therefore, the advice they gave is legit, in my opinion.

How many others are seeing poor battery life with the update? Looking around, it hardly seems to be a unique problem. Hopefully there's another update that fixes it.
my battery life is as it was prior to updating. Excellent, thus far.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Nothing was changed other than the update. All apps are up to date.

On my phone, biggest user now is mail. Dramatically increased since the update, although no changes with accounts or usage. Similar on my wife's.

The big battery user for mail is the push notifications. Check all your notifications and turn any unnecessary apps off. Sometimes an update will mess with how things are set.

Keldog

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
For me, it was the Facebook app that went rogue. I deleted it and my battery life is back to normal. I set up a shortcut to the mobile site for the time being.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
For me, it was the Facebook app that went rogue. I deleted it and my battery life is back to normal. I set up a shortcut to the mobile site for the time being.

You might also the Facebook client, Friendly +. It's like the mobile site in Safari on steroids. You can have multiple accounts and color themes.
Friendly Plus with Ad Blocker by Friendly App Studio
https://appsto.re/us/4AqXw.i

Joe Owens

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
My wife and I are having the same exact issue of massive battery drain after installing 9.3.2 and here's the scary part: I backed up my phone and did a full reset, then set it up as a brand new phone so I am running nothing but ios and native apps. No mail. Nothing else other than phone and messaging.
And the result is that with zero usage and no 3rd party apps to blame I'm still burning through a full charge in about 8 hours of standby.
Verdict? POS 9.3.2 blows.
I read on another forum that a Genius Bar staff member diagnosed a customers 9.3.2 phone and found a service repeatedly crashing and restarting was causing his battery drain, fwiw.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Some of these negative stories about iOS 9.3.2 are a little scary. I've been holding off on updating my 6s, especially as 9.3.1 seems to have finally settled in on my phone and the battery life seems better than when I first updated.

kuldeep singla

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site

i m also facing the same battery drain issue after the 9.3.2 update ..i loose almost 15-20 percent an hour at stand by .. more over i bought it from usa and currently i m at different place so i can't even swap my fone ..looking forward for support .. if anyone has a solution to this please let me know
contact - [REDACTED]

Last edited by a moderator:

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone SE's battery was amazing on 9.3.1, I would get 2 days of heavy usage or 3 day of light usage on it.

I just did a factory reset on 9.3.2 and the battery is fine again.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner