Devices involved: iPhone 6, ios 9.3.1, Windows 7 PC. Question:

When syncing my iPhone using iTunes, does the music actually sync between devices, or is it just one way from PC to Phone?. Here's why I ask- I've purchased many songs on my phone, and they do download to the PC as well. The problem is I have created a playlist on my phone, using existing songs as well as the new ones that I want to transfer to my PC. Does iTunes do this? Also, I have a another playlist that is on on both devices, but I have edited the one on the phone. I want the one on the phone to be on my PC. Is this possible?

Thanks.
    04-03-2016 04:13 PM
    Yes. Changes on one device will be reflected on the other.
    04-03-2016 09:43 PM
    It's not possible if you don't have the songs in your computer that is in the iPhone, it won't work that way but i wish it could but you can go to Preferences then go to Devices after that click Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically.
    04-03-2016 10:00 PM
    Yes. Changes on one device will be reflected on the other.
    Thanks. One more question- I don't sync ALL of the songs that are on my PC to my iPhone. I have certain songs selected. Is it still possible to do what I want to do (mainly transfer the playlist from my phone to my PC), and if so, what options do I check?
    04-04-2016 06:37 AM
    Thanks. One more question- I don't sync ALL of the songs that are on my PC to my iPhone. I have certain songs selected.
    All of my music wouldn't fit on my phone, so what I did was move all the songs I want just on my phone to a specific folder on my hard drive. You need to tell iTunes where that folder is though. Preferences > Advanced and then in the top box is where you would add the path to where you music folder is on your hard drive. Then make sure iTunes is set to auto sync when the phone is connected, and that you've chosen (from list on left side) to Sync Music - Entire Music Library (which is the folder you pointed to earlier).

My playlists auto sync, so if I factory reset they're added back to the phone when I do a restore from backup. You should see your playlists on the bottom of the left hand side list when the phone is plugged in and you've clicked on the little phone icon in iTunes.
    Annie_i6s likes this.
    04-04-2016 09:06 AM