What's your most annoying iOS 9.3 bug?

arakri

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Hey,
It's more than annoying and more than a simple bug :(

My wi-fi is completely screwed up since :((((
Turns on when it shouldn't (still doesn't work) doesn't turn on when it should, the toggle switch is like an absolutely random button not having any effect, the CC wifi icon greys out, the settings menu crashes when trying to turn on wifi - and unfortunately I could go on... :(((
Tried everything read online (wi-fi assist/wi-fi networking on and off, network settings reset, hard reset (sometimes a couple of those helps temporarily) router restart, etc...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey,
It's more than annoying and more than a simple bug :(

My wi-fi is completely screwed up since :((((
Turns on when it shouldn't (still doesn't work) doesn't turn on when it should, the toggle switch is like an absolutely random button not having any effect, the CC wifi icon greys out, the settings menu crashes when trying to turn on wifi - and unfortunately I could go on... :(((
Tried everything read online (wi-fi assist/wi-fi networking on and off, network settings reset, hard reset (sometimes a couple of those helps temporarily) router restart, etc...

Oh yeah... Iand it's a 3 month old iPhone 6s...

Make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store and explain the situation to them. More than likely, they'll swap it out. What you're experiencing, at least in my opinion, is not the norm. When I had an iPhone 6S, I never had any Wi-Fi issues.

BeyondtheTech

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
I seem to have worse wifi and Bluetooth connections since iOS 9.3.1 anyone else? I'm using an iPhone 6 by the way and also another but I've noticed is when I use Siri and want to edit what I said it won't let me do it all the time.

My hotspots and access points don't always show up, I usually have to toggle Wi-Fi or Airplane Mode in order for it to find them. That goes especially for the 5GHz spots that I have prioritized in my Keychain, it occasionally never finds them and takes the 2.4GHz one instead.

That plus the 3D Touch cursor placement on the keyboard remains a hit or miss - the first time it works, but subsequent ones become harder or impossible to reactivate.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's a struggle to get the select/select all/paste bar to come up in Notes. It's a hit or miss.
This bar:
c70c71474c07ab6fbdc290419845fc0b.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Oh yeah, this happens everywhere: Messages, Mail, Safari....

I only have issues with it in Notes. But here's what I've discovered. If the press on the text field, I get this:
e61c3f89adf8646b0a253e920ab84b35.jpg

But if I double tap the text field, the select/select all bar comes up along with the blinking cursor. Problem solved.

virus786

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
The bug where restricted access mode does not want to deactivate.

I have stopped considering to use the function as i do not want to be locked out of my own device until the battery runs out. Yes, a hard reset works sometimes but I have read online that it does not always work. Not going to risk it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The bug where restricted access mode does not want to deactivate.

I have stopped considering to use the function as i do not want to be locked out of my own device until the battery runs out. Yes, a hard reset works sometimes but I have read online that it does not always work. Not going to risk it.

Are you referring to Guided Access? I use it some, but have never gotten stuck. I did forget what to do once early on and panicked. Lol I figured it out once I calmed down.

virus786

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Are you referring to Guided Access? I use it some, but have never gotten stuck. I did forget what to do once early on and panicked. Lol I figured it out once I calmed down.

My apologies, guided access yes. I too thought it was a noob mistake, then I researched guided access lock out bug and confirmed I was not loosing it just yet. :)

Also, anyone else have a issue with the results list being corrupt and shown way of screen when using search within settings? I'll try to replicate it and post a screen shot.

nanastitcher

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
iBooks and iCloud! My iBooks is now showing only 165 of my over 1400 pdf files that I have collected over the years. How do I know the number? I COUNTED 165 files still in my iBooks. When I go to Manage My Storage (iCloud) under documents, I have 3.3 GB. I counted and there are 1400 files showing there. I can't find anywhere (and I have searched and searched every forum) to find out how to get my files back. When I open iCloud Drive, there are 15 files there from my iPad. Period. How can I access my files from the cloud?! Conveniently, only about 30 files is showing up in iTunes (it USED to have all of my files. Now they are gone from there as well. I love my iPad, but I am beginning to HATE Apple!
Another thing..I found one of my missing files in Dropbox and sent it over to iBooks. I watched it load then DISAPPEAR!

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Camera mutes music

That is not a bug. IOS doesn't know if you want to take a photo or video. To take a video, you would naturally use your microphone too. So, to prevent feedback coming from your audio, your audio is muted until you are finished with the camera app. This affects all camera apps that can also record video.

rdmartin1

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
That is not a bug. IOS doesn't know if you want to take a photo or video. To take a video, you would naturally use your microphone too. So, to prevent feedback coming from your audio, your audio is muted until you are finished with the camera app. This affects all camera apps that can also record video.

I don't remember my 5s doing that. Definitely none of my Android phones. I think it's a bug due to Live Photos

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I don't remember my 5s doing that. Definitely none of my Android phones. I think it's a bug due to Live Photos

Interesting. I thought all my camera apps faded out background audio when launched, but only the default camera app and when using the microphone. Good news is that background audio faded back in when I home buttoned out of the default camera app. My iPad does it too. It looks intended.

dmjursa

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

After updating to 9.3.2, FB Messenger no longer displays notifications on the lock screen, though this feature is turned on in Notification setting for Messenger. Basically everything was OK before the update, and NOT OK after the update :) Anyone else with this issue?

dmjursa

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Update:
I've noticed that when I receive 2 messages in messenger in a row, then both are displayed on the lock screen.
Notification is not displayed when 1 message is received.

Regular SMS messages and iMessages are displayed fine on the lock screen. It seems this only affects FB Messenger, thus I'm not sure if it's IOS issue or APP issue.