The Stock Mail App is still not fixed on iOS 9.3

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
This really sucks, every time I delete my icloud emails they all come back. So I basically have to have it deleted about 3-4 times before it goes away. So annoying! And this only happens with icloud email addresses, my gmail is fine in the mail stock app.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
If you want to delete the iCloud contacts, turn the contact sync off in your devices iCloud account and select the option to remove from the device. This has always worked for me, the only times the contacts have come back is when I have done clean restores of iOS, as iCloud defaults to syncing all.

You can always then go to the iCloud web site to manage your data there and delete the contact list.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
To delete them, go to your iCloud email account online and delete them there.
Then go to Settings >iCloud > Toggle mail off. > then toggle it back on.
If that doesn't work, then try signing out of iCloud. Then sign back in.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I found this issue dating back to 2011 and on different devices. This appears to be an iCloud thing, and not an email app, iOS, or OS X thing.

Delete them the way Ledsteplin recommends and see if that helps.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
yea I've never had this issue with any iOS beta or final release with my iCloud emails. this is definitely something with your iCloud email database.

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Still haven't fix it, emails are randomly coming back after I delete them. Looks like I will have to switch to a 3rd party email app because when I did use them this problem never happened, when I delete iCloud emails on a 3rd party email app they are deleted and never come back but the stock Apple mail app they always do. Very strange and annoying.

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
This really sucks, every time I delete my icloud emails they all come back. So I basically have to have it deleted about 3-4 times before it goes away. So annoying! And this only happens with icloud email addresses, my gmail is fine in the mail stock app.

Starting to sound more like Android always having to find some Indian trick to make something work. Whatever happen to Apple just works. Oh I remember they buried it with Steve Jobs. Apple will die a slow death I'm afraid but hope I'm wrong

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Starting to sound more like Android always having to find some Indian trick to make something work. Whatever happen to Apple just works. Oh I remember they buried it with Steve Jobs. Apple will die a slow death I'm afraid but hope I'm wrong

A slow death? Since Time Cook took over Apple has sold millions upon millions of iPhones, doubled the price of its stock, became the most valuable company in the world, become a component of the Dow, started new product lines...I could keep going. My point is this: Apple is anything but dying a slow death.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711