9.3, iPad 2 and memory

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
At first, I thought I had no issues with 9.3 on my iPad 2. It updated OTA without issue (I know my iCloud password!) and nothing was crashing.

Then, over the past week, I started noticing issues that seem related to memory / cache.

I had previously complained about Safari occasionally losing its place on a web page when I switch to another browser tab or app. Now it happens all. the. time. And the problem has spread to other apps. Pocket now does it more frequently, and even freaking email will reload the message from the top if I had switched out for any reason.

PDF Expert now more often will present me with a low res blurry PDF for upwards of 2 minutes when scrolling through a PDF, which is a real problem because I use that to carry game rule books and sheet music.

Netflix has always been an issue on my iPad at work, where it would lose the connection to the server periodically, but now, after trying it last night, it has become almost unusable due to this issue, losing the connection on average about every 10 minutes when before it was about every half hour. I know it's not Netflix because my iPhone 6 behaves the way it always has here, losing the connection maybe once every 45 minutes, which is almost an entire episode of Daredevil or whatever.

Is 9.2 still available to reload?