9.3 and crashing Safari

videoboy77

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
There is a big issue of Safari crashing in 9.3. Search Twitter for 9.3 Safari and you will see tons of people with the same issue. Anyone else seeing this bug?

bcandiolo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
It crashes a lot while opening large webpages with many images, you can easily crash Safari while pinching and zooming on pics.

drewtopher

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
I also have a problem that I cannot open any links in Safari, Whatsapp, Messages. Long press to copy link also resulted in a freeze.. I hope that Apple will release a fix soon.

anon(8845002)

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
I've had the same problem but I don't think it's limited to iOS 9.3. Search the apple communities, tons of people have the same problem, as did I. What I did to fix it was restore a fresh copy, not a backup, of 9.2.1 and uninstall booking.com and Wikipedia. These apps seems to be a big part of this problem. Deleting the apps won't do it, must delete and restore phone as new. Hope this helps

anon(8845002)

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Sounds crazy, but I may have figured it out and don't want to jinx it. I had the same problem on my 6s on 9.3. Did several restores as new and it worked for a little while and then the same issue. Went to apple and they replaced the phone with one running 9.1. Once again, worked at first and then knce I started loading apps, it locked up again. I read through these posts all day and stumbled upon the Wikipedia and booking theory. I wiped Wikipedia and booking.com from phone and iTunes and restored phone back to new and loaded 9.2.1 and everything is fixed. 24 hrs later and still good. Fingers crossed and hope this helps!!

Mojadus31

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Got the same problem ... no crashes but unable to open links even from a search results page ... copying the links and posting them manually still works ... I am not sure whether this is confined to safari alone or not ... installed firefox to try it out same thing for links of search results ... wiped the cache etc. nothing worked so far. Very frustrating

trifster

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Prevailing thought is its related to an issue with apps using deep linking/app linking URI methods. Would like to see crash logs for this under Settings -> Privacy -> diagnostics & usage -> diagnostics & usage data.

Looking for any crashes relating to ExeResource for swcd

Booking.com may be only one app causing problem. Not even sure if its the app(s) fault or some other code issue.

hudss

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
issue that triggers is a combination of apps that use browser extension. Install Yelp Onedrive and Google Drive for example and issue will occur. It's not just based on wikipedia or booking.com

Sander Soots

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
This goes way deeper. At first I was able to stop it happening by turning off safari suggested sites. Then for sometime it worked. Then i removed booking.com app and it started working again. Now it's dead again. Only fix that really works for safari is disabling javascript but it does not help for third party apps. Did not occor immidietelly, only today, since the 9.3 launch is it at the stage that other apps don't work and safari works only without javascript.

Being computer engineer myself, it faccinates me what might be the cause, that happens to affect very wide range of people over time - it's not like something is broken for all and always... This is very different from that.

nashuk

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
Having same problem with Air2 as well as 6s.. Can't even open links from emails. It's ok if I copy a link into Chrome. I tried a restore but problem returned. I have now setup my iPad as new (not restored) and so far it seems Ok. Very frustrating..

anon(1863217)

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
I downloaded 9.3 on launch day. Phone was working fine until yesterday when links did not work. Mail App freezes when clicking a link and Safari does too. Apple support told me to disable JavaScript as a temporary fix for Safari, that's it.

samuright

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Have the same problem here, thought at the beginning I was the only one experiencing that. I'm running 9.3 on 6S plus, never been beta tester. Links now not working after a Google search in safari nor working links within apps such as whatsapp or Twitter is I try to open a link in Safari. If I change the default search engine to Bing then works but remain the issue within other apps. If I long press all apps freeze. I have also Booking app installed but uninstalling also for me didn't solve the issue. Quite annoying I have to say, luckily on my iPad Air 2 the OTA came later and of course I'm holding off to update.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro