Now instead of immediately launching the app when I press camera or calculator, you have to wait for CC to slide down before the app launches. I'm not sure why they thought slowing down the process for an animation was a good idea. It's not horrible but it certainly is unnecessary.
    03-21-2016 08:40 PM
    I take it this is with iOS 9.3?
    03-21-2016 08:43 PM
    03-21-2016 08:49 PM
    Now instead of immediately launching the app when I press camera or calculator, you have to wait for CC to slide down before the app launches. I'm not sure why they thought slowing down the process for an animation was a good idea. It's not horrible but it certainly is unnecessary.
    I've been on the public beta for a while and didn't even notice the animation until you pointed it out. The extra 1/10 second I have to wait doesn't bother me. To each his/her own though!
    scruffypig likes this.
    03-21-2016 08:59 PM
    I've been on the public beta for a while and didn't even notice the animation until you pointed it out. The extra 1/10 second I have to wait doesn't bother me. To each his/her own though!
    It adds up. Making things slower even if for just a fraction of a second is never a smart choice when launching an app.
    03-21-2016 10:05 PM
    Not on my iPhone...
    Not on mine either.
    03-21-2016 10:31 PM
    Not on mine either.
    So you are on 9.3 and not seeing this new animation?
    03-21-2016 11:17 PM
    I believe animation is that control center itself is sliding down while app (camera or calculator) starting. I'm not sure it's delaying start of the application. Just multi tasking I suppose.
    03-22-2016 05:04 AM
    It's happening on my 9.3 (6s), but like @DevilishBanker I never noticed it before. It seems to slide away at the same time camera slides in, so it's not really waiting. If you're on an older device, the delay may be longer. Try going to Settings -> General -> Accessiblity and turning ON "Reduce Motion". This will get rid of open/close app animations as well, but on an older device (if that's the case) it can make things feel quicker.
    03-22-2016 07:18 AM
    That animation was there in iOS 9.2.1.
    03-22-2016 07:54 AM
    I found it very nice though
    much more elegant...
    03-22-2016 08:50 AM
    So you are on 9.3 and not seeing this new animation?
    I see it. Doesn't really bother me.
    03-22-2016 09:09 AM
    It's happening on my 9.3 (6s), but like @DevilishBanker I never noticed it before. It seems to slide away at the same time camera slides in, so it's not really waiting. If you're on an older device, the delay may be longer. Try going to Settings -> General -> Accessiblity and turning ON "Reduce Motion". This will get rid of open/close app animations as well, but on an older device (if that's the case) it can make things feel quicker.
    I Have an iPhone 6. I have Reduce Motion turned on. I have that animation. The animation on the Control Center happesn and THEN the Calculator or Camera fades in. It does take longer, but not much.
    03-22-2016 09:17 AM
    Not on my iPhone...

Not mine either. I also ran the beta and never noticed it.

I've said this many times, and will more than likely say it a bazillion more; if after an update you find things not to be running as smoothly as before, perform a factory reset and test things out. This rules out file corruption sometimes caused by operating system files overwriting files or third party apps misbehaving. If things are running smoothly then you can restore from backup.... if issues persist after a restore then 9 times out of 10 you have a misbehaving app/wonky app/system settings file. You cannot simply overwrite files repeatedly and expect to have a smooth running system.
    03-22-2016 10:07 AM
    Not mine either. I also ran the beta and never noticed it.

I've said this many times, and will more than likely say it a bazillion more; if after an update you find things not to be running as smoothly as before, perform a factory reset and test things out. This rules out file corruption sometimes caused by operating system files overwriting files or third party apps misbehaving. If things are running smoothly then you can restore from backup.... if issues persist after a restore then 9 times out of 10 you have a misbehaving app/wonky app/system settings file. You cannot simply overwrite files repeatedly and expect to have a smooth running system.
    Oh it runs smooth. This is certainly something they intended. I don't see this as being an update issue or bug. It's a unique animation that makes sense aesthetically. It just slows things down time wise because it's an additional animation in the process of opening apps from CC. I'm not saying it slows down my phone.
    03-22-2016 11:17 AM
    It just slows things down time wise
    As Devilishbanker said, it's a mere 1/10 of a second.
    03-22-2016 11:28 AM
    As Devilishbanker said, it's a mere 1/10 of a second.
    That matters though. Every additional animation slows down navigation. It's one more process that has to be used. Eventually, and you know this will be the case, the GPU will hiccup occasionally trying to initiate that animation slowing things down more. Like I said, it's not horrible but it's not necessary.
    03-22-2016 12:50 PM
    Every additional animation slows down navigation.

I experience no slow down of navigation on my phone. It runs just as quickly as it did the first day I took it out of the box.

I'm generally the one laughing at the guy getting a ticket that had zipped past me earlier driving over the speed limit because he/she needed to get there now now now now now lol.
    03-22-2016 01:21 PM
    There's a way to turn the animations off. I'm not referring to reduce motion.
    03-22-2016 01:24 PM
    Im not able to recreate this behaviour now nor did I see it in any of the betas. Odd.
    03-22-2016 03:48 PM
    I experience no slow down of navigation on my phone. It runs just as quickly as it did the first day I took it out of the box.
    You do if you have to wait for an additional animation to star and stop. It's just not possible to experience no slowdown in navigation when you are waiting an additional tenth of a second for an animation to complete when you weren't before. That's a tenth of a second slower.

I know most people here don't care. It's not like it's horrible looking. I'm really surprised at the number of people who don't even see this happen. It's certainly intentional and was meant to be included in the OS.
    03-22-2016 04:37 PM
    It's just not possible to experience no slowdown in navigation when you are waiting an additional tenth of a second for an animation to complete when you weren't before. That's a tenth of a second slower.

I can't tell if you're joking or not. Or, did someone change the calendar to 4/1 and not tell me.

The solution is quite easy actually. Just do everything a tenth of a second sooner. Then you're never a tenth of a second late for that big... whatever it is you needed to rush to do.
    03-22-2016 04:45 PM
    I can't tell if you're joking or not. Or, did someone change the calendar to 4/1 and not tell me.

The solution is quite easy actually. Just do everything a tenth of a second sooner. Then you're never a tenth of a second late for that big... whatever it is you needed to rush to do.
    lol, it just isn't happening on my 6S+
    Sherry_B likes this.
    03-22-2016 04:54 PM
    lol, it just isn't happening on my 6S+

Your avatar just slays me every time I see it lol
    03-22-2016 04:55 PM
    But what's it got to do with the control center? I don't see it anyway!
    03-22-2016 05:07 PM
37 12