New control center animation when launching an app is unnecessary.

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I experience no slow down of navigation on my phone. It runs just as quickly as it did the first day I took it out of the box.

You do if you have to wait for an additional animation to star and stop. It's just not possible to experience no slowdown in navigation when you are waiting an additional tenth of a second for an animation to complete when you weren't before. That's a tenth of a second slower.

I know most people here don't care. It's not like it's horrible looking. I'm really surprised at the number of people who don't even see this happen. It's certainly intentional and was meant to be included in the OS.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
It's just not possible to experience no slowdown in navigation when you are waiting an additional tenth of a second for an animation to complete when you weren't before. That's a tenth of a second slower.

I can't tell if you're joking or not. Or, did someone change the calendar to 4/1 and not tell me.

The solution is quite easy actually. Just do everything a tenth of a second sooner. Then you're never a tenth of a second late for that big... whatever it is you needed to rush to do.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I can't tell if you're joking or not. Or, did someone change the calendar to 4/1 and not tell me.

The solution is quite easy actually. Just do everything a tenth of a second sooner. Then you're never a tenth of a second late for that big... whatever it is you needed to rush to do.

lol, it just isn't happening on my 6S+

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
But what's it got to do with the control center? I don't see it anyway!

Swipe up until you see control center. Then tap calculator, for example. There's a brief animation where control center slides back down and the calculator slides in.
I could see a splash screen causing a thread like this but not a brief animation. Everyone's different though :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Swipe up until you see control center. Then tap calculator, for example. There's a brief animation where control center slides back down and the calculator slides in.
I could see a splash screen causing a thread like this but not a brief animation. Everyone's different though :)

I never used those at the bottom. Maybe the flashlight a couple times. So I don't have a comparison. But I never would have gotten bent out of shape with it! It's a non issue.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I'm on 9.3. I also ran the betas. Never seen this animation.

it's odd that some would have it and others not. Are you on the 5/5s still, I think? It can't be limited to the 6/6s, could it? Swipe up until you see control center. Then tap calculator, for example. There's a brief animation where control center slides back down and the calculator slides in.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW