iOS 9.3 Notes Password

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Yes I finally figured it out as well. Kinda difficult to figure out at first. It only locks my iCloud notes, which is where I keep them anyway so no big deal.

JollyGood423

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
How does one upgrade to "new iCloud Notes"?
For me even with Settings->Notes pwd setup, only the notes on iPhone and iCloud work to lock the note.

Would appreciate what and how to upgrade the Notes app? TIA

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
How does one upgrade to "new iCloud Notes"?
For me even with Settings->Notes pwd setup, only the notes on iPhone and iCloud work to lock the note.

Would appreciate what and how to upgrade the Notes app? TIA

When you open the Notes app you'll see the "Upgrade" text on the top right.

Look at the screen shot in post #20 in this thread.

JollyGood423

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
As good the Notes Locking mechanism is, what I found out is it only locks Notes that are on "ICLOUD" and "ON MY IPHONE". It does not lock any other Notes that could be on your Yahoo, Google, Hotmail, Exchange etc. So one has to move those notes that require Password authentication to one of the above. So I had to move all Notes from non-apple accounts to ICLOUD to lock them. I think that is how it works - Sigh!!!!

The other missing feature is - one the Note is password locked and later opened - there is NO Auto Lock feature after a set time. Which means one has to lock the opened note again.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
As good the Notes Locking mechanism is, what I found out is it only locks Notes that are on "ICLOUD" and "ON MY IPHONE". It does not lock any other Notes that could be on your Yahoo, Google, Hotmail, Exchange etc. So one has to move those notes that require Password authentication to one of the above. So I had to move all Notes from non-apple accounts to ICLOUD to lock them. I think that is how it works - Sigh!!!!

The other missing feature is - one the Note is password locked and later opened - there is NO Auto Lock feature after a set time. Which means one has to lock the opened note again.

iCloud is all I use in Notes.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe it works for ALL notes. Just Apple ones ("On my iPhone" and "iCloud Notes").

I have other note accounts including Gmail, Hotmail and a work account and the lock feature doesn't work.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe it works for ALL notes. Just Apple ones ("On my iPhone" and "iCloud Notes").

I have other note accounts including Gmail, Hotmail and a work account and the lock feature doesn't work.

Right! Several have pointed out the same above so looks consistent.

SpencerJC

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I've found that I can't search for text in locked note pages that I've unlocked.

Why doesn't the note document have a search field field like the one in the Mac app? The Mac has a search that searches all notes and another search for each individual notes.