iOS 9.3.1 Officially released

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I've pretty much got all location services off, or only active "while using app" on stuff that requires it (1 or 2), no push notifications either. My screen is 3/4 up to max, but it always has been. I hate a dark screen. Also, no app auto. updates.

I'm going to do the big "drain-then-charge" routine tomorrow and see if it helps at all...although I still think that went the way of the covered wagon.

We'll see. I do hope it gets better. I've never had to put an iPhone on a charger at my desk before I left work for the day since I had my 3s. :straight-face:
A calibration cycle, if needed, won't do much for battery life.
A software update shouldn't change battery life by much, so there's probably somethings wrong in your current iOS installation or a misbehaving app.
Your only chance is to restore as new an install apps again from the App Store

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've pretty much got all location services off, or only active "while using app" on stuff that requires it (1 or 2), no push notifications either. My screen is 3/4 up to max, but it always has been. I hate a dark screen. Also, no app auto. updates.

I'm going to do the big "drain-then-charge" routine tomorrow and see if it helps at all...although I still think that went the way of the covered wagon.

We'll see. I do hope it gets better. I've never had to put an iPhone on a charger at my desk before I left work for the day since I had my 3s. :straight-face:

Let us know how the "drain-then-charge" works out for you.
I did that and surprisingly my battery life got much better. When I first heard about this method I was also skeptical, but to my surprise...it works

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I did that and surprisingly my battery life got much better. When I first heard about this method I was also skeptical, but to my surprise...it works

Well I'd rather have a root canal than do a "restore as new" & have to jack with installing all my apps again...so I hope the drain & charge dealio works.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site

Ok...I really don't know if it was the "drain-then-charge" method that worked, or whether it was just the folders and such having a chance to "settle" after the update, but my battery life seems to have improved to where it was previously...or at least close. I'm a happier camper!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok...I really don't know if it was the "drain-then-charge" method that worked, or whether it was just the folders and such having a chance to "settle" after the update, but my battery life seems to have improved to where it was previously...or at least close. I'm a happier camper!

Thanks for the post update Terry. It's kinda weird that this method actually works. I'm still trying to determine how this works after a couple of years of doing it. Strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner