iOS 9.3.1 Officially released

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradKamin

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I did just that yesterday and it was good. BUT I also went to an area that had better coverage than my house so who knows. Today I'm home and it seems better so far.

Makes no sense to me I get at least 4 bars of coverage at home and full strength of wifi everywhere in our home. I typically always let my phone completely die before I charge. I do have an Apple Watch that I'm sure draws some battery from the phone but not anything to matter. My watch out lasts my phone battery everyday now.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Makes no sense to me I get at least 4 bars of coverage at home and full strength of wifi everywhere in our home. I typically always let my phone completely die before I charge. I do have an Apple Watch that I'm sure draws some battery from the phone but not anything to matter. My watch out lasts my phone battery everyday now.

In general it's not good to discharge all the time like that. Once a month is plenty but not each time.

OniTamo30

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone noticed some performance improvements, or is it as slow as every iOS 9 iteration?

I own an iPhone 6 and man do I regret leaving 8.4.1!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone noticed some performance improvements, or is it as slow as every iOS 9 iteration?

On "my" devices (iPhone 6S Plus & iPad Pro), iOS 9.3.1 is fantastic in regard to performance, but then again, I've not had performance issues with any of iOS version with the exception of a few betas.

anon(3985060)

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Yet again there is more bugs within this update, Currently i can't seemed to swipe down to bring the notification panel down nor can i swipe up to access the control panel either, way to go Apple! by the way I'm using an iPhone 5s.

PLEASE FIX THESE BUGS!!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yet again there is more bugs within this update, Currently i can't seemed to swipe down to bring the notification panel down nor can i swipe up to access the control panel either, way to go Apple! by the way I'm using an iPhone 5s.

PLEASE FIX THESE BUGS!!

Notification Center can be disabled when you're in an app. Do neither work if you're on the home screen?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

PLEASE FIX THESE BUGS!!

Wow, I'm not having any problems with the new iOS 9.3.1 update. I'm using my Verizon 6s Plus. Have you tried a reboot?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

PLEASE FIX THESE BUGS!!

A hard reset usually fixes that. Sometimes it may take doing it several times. You might also bring them up using Assistive Touch. Maybe after the first time that way, then it'll work. Worth a try.
d5112737145525d2511faaa888661e4b.jpg

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site

There's nothing slow with iOS 9 on any of my iDevices, even the older ones like the iPad Air and iPhone 5S.
It really is the best iOS I've ever used.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I meant "upgrade", not "update". How often do you upgrade to a new phone? Each year? Every 2 years?

Oh, sorry, misunderstood. Not often, actually. This is only my third iPhone. I used the iPhone 4 in 2011-2012 and have a 5s that I just got on a whim but don't really used. I'm not planning on getting the 7 when it's out (I'll stick with my 6s for awhile).

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Oh, sorry, misunderstood. Not often, actually. This is only my third iPhone. I used the iPhone 4 in 2011-2012 and have a 5s that I just got on a whim but don't really used. I'm not planning on getting the 7 when it's out (I'll stick with my 6s for awhile).

I asked because you seem concerned about battery life. I upgrade every 2 years. I finally realized the batteries lasted at least 2 years. So I quit worrying about it. With my heavy use, it should barely last me. My wife isn't as heavy a user as me. She's had her 5c over 2 years and it still has 93% Battery Health. She doesn't want to upgrade yet. Don't let worrying about the battery keep you from enjoying your phone.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Just jumped on this thread because, although I've had pretty good battery life with iOS9 since I got my 6s on the weekend after launch...with the latest 9.3.1 update, my battery life has become horrible! Seriously. From pulling if off the charger at 6:15am every morning, with moderate use, before I was still at 60% or better by 3:00pm. The last couple of days, with the same scenario...I'm at barely at 23%.

9.3.1 seems like a solid build in all aspects, but as far as battery life...I am not thrilled. :(

Without having to read back 10-pages of posts...is anybody else experiencing this severe drop in battery life with 9.3.1?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Just jumped on this thread because, although I've had pretty good battery life with iOS9 since I got my 6s on the weekend after launch...with the latest 9.3.1 update, my battery life has become horrible! Seriously. From pulling if off the charger at 6:15am every morning, with moderate use, before I was still at 60% or better by 3:00pm. The last couple of days, with the same scenario...I'm at barely at 23%.

9.3.1 seems like a solid build in all aspects, but as far as battery life...I am not thrilled. :(

Without having to read back 10-pages of posts...is anybody else experiencing this severe drop in battery life with 9.3.1?
Most I know get about the same battery life as before the update. Have you checked all your settings? Updates sometimes messes with those. Keep in mind the 3 big battery users are the screen brightness, Push notifications, and location services.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Most I know get about the same battery life as before the update. Have you checked all your settings? Updates sometimes messes with those. Keep in mind the 3 big battery users are the screen brightness, Push notifications, and location services.

I had battery life like TLD1, but changed no settings and everything is the same as it was. Weird that some have the issue and not all. I uninstalled Facebook and seems to be better but who knows.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site

I've pretty much got all location services off, or only active "while using app" on stuff that requires it (1 or 2), no push notifications either. My screen is 3/4 up to max, but it always has been. I hate a dark screen. Also, no app auto. updates.

I'm going to do the big "drain-then-charge" routine tomorrow and see if it helps at all...although I still think that went the way of the covered wagon.

We'll see. I do hope it gets better. I've never had to put an iPhone on a charger at my desk before I left work for the day since I had my 3s. :straight-face:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've pretty much got all location services off, or only active "while using app" on stuff that requires it (1 or 2), no push notifications either. My screen is 3/4 up to max, but it always has been. I hate a dark screen. Also, no app auto. updates.

I'm going to do the big "drain-then-charge" routine tomorrow and see if it helps at all...although I still think that went the way of the covered wagon.

We'll see. I do hope it gets better. I've never had to put the phone on a charger at my desk before I left work for the day since I got it. :straight-face:

All the calibrating will do is reset the % indicator so it works properly. It could be in the OS. A restore as new might fix it. Yeah, I know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods