iOS 9.3.1 Officially released

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Although 99% of iOS 9.3 (official release) is working great on my iPhone 6S Plus, I have one quirk. When I am viewing my home screen and then opt to lock the device, it briefly displays my lock screen pic before the screen shuts off. It happens in a flash (very quickly). I don't recall that happening before. I may just go ahead and do another install. Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

Not me. However I do notice the clock at the top flashes quickly when unlocking the phone. This must be a leftover from the beta 4 when the clock took about 15 seconds to show up.

I did fix my phone however from the issue I complained about last night. Instead of restore from iTunes, just did an erase all content and settings and started from scratch. I let iCloud Photo Library do its thing all night while I slept and started adding things this morning. As of yet, no issues with other showing the majority of space used. Also, it gave me the option for an iCloud backup.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Although 99% of iOS 9.3 (official release) is working great on my iPhone 6S Plus, I have one quirk. When I am viewing my home screen and then opt to lock the device, it briefly displays my lock screen pic before the screen shuts off. It happens in a flash (very quickly). I don't recall that happening before. I may just go ahead and do another install. Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

I just checked, and am also seeing this on my 6s. It doesn't happen every single time though.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just checked, and am also seeing this on my 6s. It doesn't happen every single time though.

It was happening every time prior to me doing a second clean install and restore as new. All is well now. By the way, when I said I did a clean install, I meant that I deleted the .ipsw file from my MacBook and then had iTunes download and install a fresh copy of iOS 9.3 in case my initial download was somehow corrupted. Know what I mean?...

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
It was happening every time prior to me doing a second clean install and restore as new. All is well now. By the way, when I said I did a clean install, I meant that I deleted the .ipsw file from my MacBook and then had iTunes download and install a fresh copy of iOS 9.3 in case my initial download was somehow corrupted. Know what I mean?...

Aye. I did a clean install, too (factory reset) but I restored my settings/apps etc. as well. Perhaps I should try another clean install and check it before doing a restore. Now that I've noticed it (thank you for pointing that out to my ocd self lol) I'll have to see if it bugs me enough for another install.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

D, I'm on 6S+ as well. Updated clean install yesterday and I do NOT have that quirk you mentioned. Have you tried a hard reboot? That might knock it out

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
D, I'm on 6S+ as well. Updated clean install yesterday and I do NOT have that quirk you mentioned. Have you tried a hard reboot? That might knock it out

Thank you, Pink, but the situation has been resolved. The good ol' tried and true clean install and set up as new, albeit a second time, took care of it.

meyer

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site

When you had that glitch, did you have that AssistiveTouch tweak on or was it just the normal animations? I do have that "tweak" on my phone and love it but have the same glitch. Just curious if it had something to do with that.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When you had that glitch, did you have that AssistiveTouch "hack" on or was it just the normal animations? I do have that "tweak" on my phone and love it but have the same glitch. Just curious if it had something to do with that.

Great question, Meyer. I did have the assistive touch hack in place at the time, but I haven't taken the time to redo it since setting my device as new this morning. In fact, it'll probably take me a minute to redo the hack so give me a few and I'll get back to you.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yep, that's the culprit! Thanks again, and thankfully, a simple reboot deactivates the hack.

meyer

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Good deal. I know it goes away when you reboot the phone because the hack doesn't hold thru a reboot and my glitch went away as well, but I wanted to verify it wasn't the iOS since you restored like new. Thanks, D.

Edit: I love that hack. You think it hurts anything, that glitch before locking?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Good deal. I know it goes away when you reboot the phone because the hack doesn't hold thru a reboot and my glitch went away as well, but I wanted to verify it wasn't the iOS since you restored like new. Thanks, D.

Edit: I love that hack. You think it hurts anything, that glitch before locking?

You're very welcome, my friend......Like you, I enjoy activating the hack, and no, I doubt it's hurting anything. I wish Apple would institute it because it's such a pleasure to open and close apps instantly without any animations or delays.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
When you had that glitch, did you have that AssistiveTouch tweak on or was it just the normal animations? I do have that "tweak" on my phone and love it but have the same glitch. Just curious if it had something to do with that.

Yep, that's the culprit! Thanks again, and thankfully, a simple reboot deactivates the hack.

Awesome... thanks so much! I too had the glitch activated, and after rebooting the issue has been resolved. w00t!

bcandiolo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Didn't you updated the 9.2.* version in between? If you didn't that might be reason why you got >1Gb size update.

Purchased my 6s in December 2015, and immediately updated it to 9.2 then into all 9.3 public beta versions till b7, all OTA.
Not a single issue, the release version is running quite nice and feels slightly faster.

decypher44

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Update to 9.3 destroyed my bluetooth in car. Calls are choppy and you can't understand each other. Tried forgetting device on phone, delete phone from car. Reboot both. No luck. Will have to try resetting all networks later when I have time to see if that will fix it, though not looking forward to setting up all my networks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods