Yet again there is more bugs within this update, Currently i can't seemed to swipe down to bring the notification panel down nor can i swipe up to access the control panel either, way to go Apple! by the way I'm using an iPhone 5s.

PLEASE FIX THESE BUGS!!
    A hard reset usually fixes that. Sometimes it may take doing it several times. You might also bring them up using Assistive Touch. Maybe after the first time that way, then it'll work. Worth a try.
    04-04-2016 09:21 AM
    Has anyone noticed some performance improvements, or is it as slow as every iOS 9 iteration?

I own an iPhone 6 and man do I regret leaving 8.4.1!
    There's nothing slow with iOS 9 on any of my iDevices, even the older ones like the iPad Air and iPhone 5S.
    It really is the best iOS I've ever used.
    04-04-2016 04:54 PM
    There's nothing slow with iOS 9 on any of my iDevices, even the older ones like the iPad Air and iPhone 5S.
    It really is the best iOS I've ever used.
    I have to agree. iOS 9.3.1 is a very solid update. No problems at all.
    04-04-2016 07:12 PM
    I meant "upgrade", not "update". How often do you upgrade to a new phone? Each year? Every 2 years?
    Oh, sorry, misunderstood. Not often, actually. This is only my third iPhone. I used the iPhone 4 in 2011-2012 and have a 5s that I just got on a whim but don't really used. I'm not planning on getting the 7 when it's out (I'll stick with my 6s for awhile).
    04-04-2016 10:26 PM
    Oh, sorry, misunderstood. Not often, actually. This is only my third iPhone. I used the iPhone 4 in 2011-2012 and have a 5s that I just got on a whim but don't really used. I'm not planning on getting the 7 when it's out (I'll stick with my 6s for awhile).
    I asked because you seem concerned about battery life. I upgrade every 2 years. I finally realized the batteries lasted at least 2 years. So I quit worrying about it. With my heavy use, it should barely last me. My wife isn't as heavy a user as me. She's had her 5c over 2 years and it still has 93% Battery Health. She doesn't want to upgrade yet. Don't let worrying about the battery keep you from enjoying your phone.
    Sherry_B and metalchick719 like this.
    04-04-2016 10:59 PM
    Just jumped on this thread because, although I've had pretty good battery life with iOS9 since I got my 6s on the weekend after launch...with the latest 9.3.1 update, my battery life has become horrible! Seriously. From pulling if off the charger at 6:15am every morning, with moderate use, before I was still at 60% or better by 3:00pm. The last couple of days, with the same scenario...I'm at barely at 23%.

9.3.1 seems like a solid build in all aspects, but as far as battery life...I am not thrilled.

Without having to read back 10-pages of posts...is anybody else experiencing this severe drop in battery life with 9.3.1?
    04-05-2016 04:28 PM
    Just jumped on this thread because, although I've had pretty good battery life with iOS9 since I got my 6s on the weekend after launch...with the latest 9.3.1 update, my battery life has become horrible! Seriously. From pulling if off the charger at 6:15am every morning, with moderate use, before I was still at 60% or better by 3:00pm. The last couple of days, with the same scenario...I'm at barely at 23%.

9.3.1 seems like a solid build in all aspects, but as far as battery life...I am not thrilled.

Without having to read back 10-pages of posts...is anybody else experiencing this severe drop in battery life with 9.3.1?
    Most I know get about the same battery life as before the update. Have you checked all your settings? Updates sometimes messes with those. Keep in mind the 3 big battery users are the screen brightness, Push notifications, and location services.
    04-05-2016 05:54 PM
    Most I know get about the same battery life as before the update. Have you checked all your settings? Updates sometimes messes with those. Keep in mind the 3 big battery users are the screen brightness, Push notifications, and location services.
    I had battery life like TLD1, but changed no settings and everything is the same as it was. Weird that some have the issue and not all. I uninstalled Facebook and seems to be better but who knows.
    04-05-2016 06:47 PM
    I've pretty much got all location services off, or only active "while using app" on stuff that requires it (1 or 2), no push notifications either. My screen is 3/4 up to max, but it always has been. I hate a dark screen. Also, no app auto. updates.

I'm going to do the big "drain-then-charge" routine tomorrow and see if it helps at all...although I still think that went the way of the covered wagon.

We'll see. I do hope it gets better. I've never had to put an iPhone on a charger at my desk before I left work for the day since I had my 3s.
    Ledsteplin and Spencerdl like this.
    04-05-2016 07:32 PM
    I've pretty much got all location services off, or only active "while using app" on stuff that requires it (1 or 2), no push notifications either. My screen is 3/4 up to max, but it always has been. I hate a dark screen. Also, no app auto. updates.

I'm going to do the big "drain-then-charge" routine tomorrow and see if it helps at all...although I still think that went the way of the covered wagon.

We'll see. I do hope it gets better. I've never had to put the phone on a charger at my desk before I left work for the day since I got it.
    All the calibrating will do is reset the % indicator so it works properly. It could be in the OS. A restore as new might fix it. Yeah, I know!
    04-05-2016 07:42 PM

We'll see. I do hope it gets better. I've never had to put an iPhone on a charger at my desk before I left work for the day since I had my 3s.
    A calibration cycle, if needed, won't do much for battery life.
    A software update shouldn't change battery life by much, so there's probably somethings wrong in your current iOS installation or a misbehaving app.
    Your only chance is to restore as new an install apps again from the App Store
    04-06-2016 12:18 AM

Let us know how the "drain-then-charge" works out for you.
    I did that and surprisingly my battery life got much better. When I first heard about this method I was also skeptical, but to my surprise...it works
    04-06-2016 07:19 AM
    I did that and surprisingly my battery life got much better. When I first heard about this method I was also skeptical, but to my surprise...it works
    Well I'd rather have a root canal than do a "restore as new" & have to jack with installing all my apps again...so I hope the drain & charge dealio works.
    TurboTiger, Spencerdl and LVMHgirl like this.
    04-06-2016 11:15 AM
    Ok...I really don't know if it was the "drain-then-charge" method that worked, or whether it was just the folders and such having a chance to "settle" after the update, but my battery life seems to have improved to where it was previously...or at least close. I'm a happier camper!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    04-08-2016 10:25 AM
    Ok...I really don't know if it was the "drain-then-charge" method that worked, or whether it was just the folders and such having a chance to "settle" after the update, but my battery life seems to have improved to where it was previously...or at least close. I'm a happier camper!
    Thanks for the post update Terry. It's kinda weird that this method actually works. I'm still trying to determine how this works after a couple of years of doing it. Strange.
    04-08-2016 10:28 AM
    Wow, I'm not having any problems with the new iOS 9.3.1 update. I'm using my Verizon 6s Plus. Have you tried a reboot?
    It seem to be working fine right now after a reboot.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    04-11-2016 10:43 PM
    A hard reset usually fixes that. Sometimes it may take doing it several times. You might also bring them up using Assistive Touch. Maybe after the first time that way, then it'll work. Worth a try.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...a888661e4b.jpg
    Thanks but I just did a fresh installed and it seemed to be working pretty well now.
    04-11-2016 10:45 PM
267 ... 91011