Shortage of Swift keyboard updates?

nekton123

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Since MS acquired Swift keyboard, updates for iOS have been very thin on the ground and Swift is getting crankier with each new iOS 9.1 and 9.2 version.
Can we assume Swift is now dead for iOS9?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No, why would you think that? I use SwiftKey as my default keyboard. They just had an update on the beta, which is what I run. It should be available soon.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Since MS acquired Swift keyboard, updates for iOS have been very thin on the ground and Swift is getting crankier with each new iOS 9.1 and 9.2 version.
Can we assume Swift is now dead for iOS9?

Working just swell with beta 7, matter of fact it's been some time since I've had any problem, iirc I had a problem with beta 1 but was cleaerd up very soon.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Working just swell with beta 7, matter of fact it's been some time since I've had any problem, iirc I had a problem with beta 1 but was cleaerd up very soon.

That's good to know. I'm on 9.2.1. It's been slightly bumpy on 9.2. But better on the last update on the SwiftKey beta.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Will Swiftkey ever support the trackpad feature?

Not sure if that's another Apple restriction or not like the dictation mic. I'll find out and let you know. I can pretty much do the same by placing my finger on the text field and moving it around. But the trackpad feature would be more convenient. I'll get back on that and let you know what SwiftKey said.

avokodo

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping the release of iOS 10 will make Swiftkey and other keyboards more useful, I would like it integrated more into the system, biggest wish is split keyboard for iPad with Swiftkey

Posted via the iMore App for Android

nekton123

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Good to know—thanks. I'm having problems with the SwiftKey keyboard not appearing at all for Messages in iOS 9.2.1 and 9.3 beta 7. Driving me nuts. Yes, I've checked all the settings and filed BR with Apple. I guess the next version will be after the iOS9.3 gm release hopefully next week.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR