I read both of these threads:

http://forums.imore.com/guides-how-articles/271233-guide-signal-strength-changing-dots-decibels-2.html

http://forums.imore.com/iphone-6-plus/263849-numbers-instead-signal-dots-2.html

I get the part to opening the Field Test but none of these tell me how to go any further because there's a "back to ___" blocking where I would see the dots or not. Help please?

I am on iOS 9.2.1 and I have the 5s, if that's relevant.
    03-16-2016 10:03 AM
  2. firedept10 said: Best Answer

Enabling Signal Number as Reception Indicator Rather Than Signal Bars / Dots

To always see the signal numbers rather than the signal bars or dots, you’ll use the Force Quit app function to kill Field Test when it’s open:

• Dial *3001#12345#* and hit “Call” if you haven’t done so already to launch Field Test.
    • Now hold down the Power button until the “Slide to Power Off” message appears (do not touch the “Slide to Power Off”), just release the Power button and hold the Home button until Field Test quits.
    • Tap the signal bars or signal numbers to switch between the two. Small area to touch so may take some getting use too.

To remove the tap-to-switch signal indicator ability, you can either reboot the iPhone or go back into Field Test and close out of it as usual.

Here it is in action.

Signal strength indicator help on iOS 9?-img_0701.jpg

To always see the signal numbers rather than the signal bars or dots, you’ll use the Force Quit app function to kill Field Test when it’s open:

• Dial *3001#12345#* and hit “Call” if you haven’t done so already to launch Field Test.
    • Now hold down the Power button until the “Slide to Power Off” message appears (do not touch the “Slide to Power Off”), just release the Power button and hold the Home button until Field Test quits.
    • Tap the signal bars or signal numbers to switch between the two. Small area to touch so may take some getting use too.

To remove the tap-to-switch signal indicator ability, you can either reboot the iPhone or go back into Field Test and close out of it as usual.

Here it is in action.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0701.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	136.8 KB 
ID:	103799
    libra89 likes this.
    03-16-2016 10:37 AM

Here it is in action.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0701.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	136.8 KB 
ID:	103799
    Thank you for the fast and helpful response, it worked!
    firedept10 likes this.
    03-16-2016 10:43 AM
    I read both of these threads:

http://forums.imore.com/guides-how-a...ecibels-2.html

http://forums.imore.com/iphone-6-plu...al-dots-2.html

I get the part to opening the Field Test but none of these tell me how to go any further because there's a "back to ___" blocking where I would see the dots or not. Help please?

I am on iOS 9.2.1 and I have the 5s, if that's relevant.
    You're welcome. Glad I could be of assistance.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-16-2016 10:49 AM