I have noticed several times in the past two weeks that when talking on the phone via a headset, both wired and bluetooth, but more often when on bluetooth, that my iPhone 6 will spontaneously activate mute.

I am not touching any controls on the headset and the phone is sitting on a desk or table top, screen up and hands-off.
    03-06-2016 11:58 AM
    To date, I've not experienced anything like that. What iOS version are you running? You might want to consider restoring it.
    03-06-2016 06:53 PM
    Turns out it's worse that that. I was on a call this evening, using a wired headset and the phone was face up in my lap, my hands no where near it. While talking to my Dad, it spontaneiously opened up a Contact Search and loaded a result I wasn't even thinking about. And I know it was a Search result, because the "back" button in the top left said " < Search "

I'm using the current release of iOS.
    03-06-2016 09:26 PM
    Turns out it's worse that that. I was on a call this evening, using a wired headset and the phone was face up in my lap, my hands no where near it. While talking to my Dad, it spontaneiously opened up a Contact Search and loaded a result I wasn't even thinking about. And I know it was a Search result, because the "back" button in the top left said " < Search "

I'm using the current release of iOS.
    Dude, if it were me, I would assume that something is corrupted or compromised and therefore, I'd be putting the device in DFU mode, and having iTunes install a fresh copy of iOS on the device, and then I'd take the time to set it up as new.
    03-06-2016 09:42 PM
    Dude, if it were me, I would assume that something is corrupted or compromised and therefore, I'd be putting the device in DFU mode, and having iTunes install a fresh copy of iOS on the device, and then I'd take the time to set it up as new.
    Yeah. Be a couple of days before I'll have the time for that.
    03-06-2016 09:46 PM
    Yeah. Be a couple of days before I'll have the time for that.
    Yikes, good luck. Setting as new is a pain but it always makes the phone run so smooth. Had to do that myself recently but I like the results.

What you went through is odd, but thankfully there's a relatively easy fix
    03-09-2016 06:02 AM
    Yikes, good luck. Setting as new is a pain but it always makes the phone run so smooth. Had to do that myself recently but I like the results.

What you went through is odd, but thankfully there's a relatively easy fix
    Finally had the time to do this yesterday. Man, I hate having to do that. It takes me days to get everything set back the way I like, and I always forget how to do something and have to google it. I won't know if that resolves the issue or not for some time, though.
    03-21-2016 08:39 PM
    Well, after the factory reset and reinstall-as-new everything under iOS9.2 on Sunday, then an OTA update to 9.3 yesterday, I can confirm that the problem is not resolved. I am still seeing spurious actions on screen while on phone calls. Spontaneously muting, switching screens, and other weirdness.

Over the course of this happening, I have used different BT headsets, a wired headset and speakerphone.

My phone is possessed, and apparently not by me.
    03-22-2016 05:05 PM