How can I cancel the public beta testing and just wait for the final release? I don't have my phone backed up to iTunes and I don't want to lose everything :/ is their away I can restart the IOS and go back to the latest one without syncing and losing my info?
    02-13-2016 12:52 PM
    02-13-2016 01:15 PM
    I was not successful to restore iOS 9 beta 2 backup from downgrading to 9.2.1. It said file was too old or corrupted. Luckily I had photos and everything backed up to iCloud or I would have lost whatever i did from the time being on the beta programs
    02-13-2016 02:35 PM
    I was not successful to restore iOS 9 beta 2 backup from downgrading to 9.2.1. It said file was too old or corrupted. Luckily I had photos and everything backed up to iCloud or I would have lost whatever i did from the time being on the beta programs
    You cannot restore to an iOS version that's older than the current official release version for your specific device.
    02-13-2016 06:28 PM
    How can I cancel the public beta testing and just wait for the final release? I don't have my phone backed up to iTunes and I don't want to lose everything :/ is their away I can restart the IOS and go back to the latest one without syncing and losing my info?
    Go to Settings → General → Profile, select your profile and then select to delete it. As for going back to the latest official iOS version without syncing and losing your information, the answer is No. You can however, restore to the official iOS version and then either restore from a backup made prior installing the latest beta version or setting it up as new. Once you configure your accounts, your data should sync to your device.
    Rob Phillips and Dukins like this.
    02-13-2016 06:34 PM
    restore iOS 9 beta 2 backup from downgrading to 9.2.1. It said file was too old or corrupted.
    I had the exact same error.

restore from a backup made prior installing the latest beta version
    What do you do when iTunes says the 9.2.1 backup file is corrupt? I checked my hard drive for errors (Windows 10) and let it scan for corrupt data and bad sectors and there was none. So I'm at a loss as to why iTunes would give that error.
    02-14-2016 07:34 AM
    What do you do when iTunes says the 9.2.1 backup file is corrupt? I checked my hard drive for errors (Windows 10) and let it scan for corrupt data and bad sectors and there was none. So I'm at a loss as to why iTunes would give that error.
    Are you sure it isn't a 9.3 backup? You can't restore from a 9.3 backup if you've reverted back to 9.2.1 on your device.
    tsparks1 likes this.
    02-14-2016 07:37 AM
    Are you sure it isn't a 9.3 backup? You can't restore from a 9.3 backup if you've reverted back to 9.2.1 on your device.

Yes. I specifically made sure I did not do anymore backups to my PC, and I even hand wrote the date and time I did my last backup before going further with the beta install.
    02-14-2016 08:40 AM
    Yes. I specifically made sure I did not do anymore backups to my PC, and I even hand wrote the date and time I did my last backup before going further with the beta install.
    Did you flush out the hyperdrive modulator?
    If it were me I'd just go back to the 9.3 beta and hope your latest backup loads unless you're completely morally opposed to it. More than likely we will see a GM in the very near future anyway.
    02-14-2016 06:04 PM
    Did you flush out the hyperdrive modulator?
    I started to, but the DeLorian ran out of juice, so there was no way to make it to the clock tower in time to flush it.

If it were me I'd just go back to the 9.3 beta and hope your latest backup loads unless you're completely morally opposed to it. More than likely we will see a GM in the very near future anyway.
    Others are saying they're having problems with the beta 3, so for right now I just have the phone set to not auto update.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    02-14-2016 07:05 PM
    Others are saying they're having problems with the beta 3, so for right now I just have the phone set to not auto update.
    Sounds good. Although the only issue I'm experiencing with beta 3 is the clock bug, which isn't that big of a deal.
    02-14-2016 07:25 PM
    Sounds good. Although the only issue I'm experiencing with beta 3 is the clock bug, which isn't that big of a deal.
    Same here, though I forgot about the issue until you mentioned it
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    02-14-2016 07:46 PM
    ...What do you do when iTunes says the 9.2.1 backup file is corrupt? I checked my hard drive for errors (Windows 10) and let it scan for corrupt data and bad sectors and there was none. So I'm at a loss as to why iTunes would give that error.
    The only thing you can do under the circumstances is set up your device as new. If you have iCloud, all of your data that's synced with iCloud will sync to your device once you've configured iCloud on it. The same goes for other apps and services where you have to sign in.
    Sherry_B and scruffypig like this.
    02-14-2016 08:08 PM
    Go to Settings → General → Profile, select your profile and then select to delete it. As for going back to the latest official iOS version without syncing and losing your information, the answer is No. You can however, restore to the official iOS version and then either restore from a backup made prior installing the latest beta version or setting it up as new. Once you configure your accounts, your data should sync to your device.
    Well can I wait for the final version and build and then delete it? And then the public betas will stop?
    02-23-2016 12:47 AM
    Well can I wait for the final version and build and then delete it? And then the public betas will stop?
    Yes, but as long as the profile is listed on your device, you will continue to receive beta update notifications.
    jaleelhamid likes this.
    02-23-2016 08:55 AM