Why are some songs greyed out and some are not? I have never understood this regard Apple Music. The ones that are under-intensified won't play either as I get a error when trying to do so.
    Has anyone else experienced this bug?

Some Songs in Apple Music are Greyed Out-imageuploadedbytapatalk1453749099.465300.jpg
    Some Songs in Apple Music are Greyed Out-imageuploadedbytapatalk1453749111.380252.jpg
    01-25-2016 02:11 PM
    Good question, I've often wondered that myself.
    Last edited by MrMars; 01-25-2016 at 04:23 PM.
    01-25-2016 02:30 PM
    01-25-2016 03:24 PM
    There's just some music that isn't available to download/stream with Apple Music. I've noticed this a lot with lesser known and obscure albums - like the soundtrack shown in the screenshot.

I did a quick search on iTunes on my Mac and didn't find the album listed on Apple Music. Due to licensing agreements with the record labels or artists, songs aren't guaranteed to be available on Apple Music forever. You could listen to an album one day and literally the next day it might be unavailable. It all depends on the terms of the licensing agreement.

If you really want to listen to that album (if you manage to get your hands on a physical copy) you can rip it using iTunes and transfer it to your iPhone. Even better, if you have iTunes Match, it will be available to download over the air right after it is ripped.
    Last edited by njlx2016; 02-02-2016 at 12:31 PM.
    02-02-2016 12:21 PM
    There's just some music that isn't available to download/stream with Apple Music. I've noticed this a lot with lesser known and obscure albums - like the soundtrack shown in the screenshot.

I did a quick search on iTunes on my Mac and didn't find the album listed on Apple Music. Due to licensing agreements with the record labels or artists, songs aren't guaranteed to be available on Apple Music forever. You could listen to an album one day and literally the next day it might be unavailable. It all depends on the terms of the licensing agreement.

If you really want to listen to that album (if you manage to get your hands on a physical copy) you can rip it using iTunes and transfer it to your iPhone. Even better, if you have iTunes Match, it will be available to download over the air right after it is ripped.
    I purchased the album about 7 years ago via digital download through the Microsoft store during the time I owned a Zune media player.
    02-04-2016 08:35 PM
    I purchased the album about 7 years ago via digital download through the Microsoft store during the time I owned a Zune media player.
    I have a few digital download albums that I got back in the early Zune days that are DRMed and won't play anymore. I literally had to burn audio CDs of the albums and rip them into iTunes. It was a pain. They were only playable with Windows media player or the Zune, as far as I know. Thank God Microsoft let me burn audio CDs of the music.
    02-07-2016 12:34 PM
    I am new to forums so forgive me if i seem amateurish. I have had this same issue for a while now. I started reading up on it in these types of forums and groups... Not sure why it happens.... could be a multitude of reasons.... The solution for me was simple.. If you right click on the song or the album, all the way at the bottom of the drop down window click on "check the selection". I did a Sync on my iPhone and it worked. Hope this helps.
    02-15-2016 09:03 AM
    I am new to forums so forgive me if i seem amateurish. I have had this same issue for a while now. I started reading up on it in these types of forums and groups... Not sure why it happens.... could be a multitude of reasons.... The solution for me was simple.. If you right click on the song or the album, all the way at the bottom of the drop down window click on "check the selection". I did a Sync on my iPhone and it worked. Hope this helps.
    Thank you! The "Check Selection" option worked like a charm for me. This has been driving me crazy for months. I've been deleting and re-adding whole albums (losing my ratings in the process) to sort it out up until now.
    05-09-2016 05:03 AM
    You saved my life! And this gotta be a big that must be fixed immediately.
    05-14-2016 10:48 AM