Some Songs in Apple Music are Greyed Out

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Why are some songs greyed out and some are not? I have never understood this regard Apple Music. The ones that are under-intensified won't play either as I get a error when trying to do so.
Has anyone else experienced this bug?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453749099.465300.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453749111.380252.jpg

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
There's just some music that isn't available to download/stream with Apple Music. I've noticed this a lot with lesser known and obscure albums - like the soundtrack shown in the screenshot.

I did a quick search on iTunes on my Mac and didn't find the album listed on Apple Music. Due to licensing agreements with the record labels or artists, songs aren't guaranteed to be available on Apple Music forever. You could listen to an album one day and literally the next day it might be unavailable. It all depends on the terms of the licensing agreement.

If you really want to listen to that album (if you manage to get your hands on a physical copy) you can rip it using iTunes and transfer it to your iPhone. Even better, if you have iTunes Match, it will be available to download over the air right after it is ripped.

Last edited:

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
There's just some music that isn't available to download/stream with Apple Music. I've noticed this a lot with lesser known and obscure albums - like the soundtrack shown in the screenshot.

I did a quick search on iTunes on my Mac and didn't find the album listed on Apple Music. Due to licensing agreements with the record labels or artists, songs aren't guaranteed to be available on Apple Music forever. You could listen to an album one day and literally the next day it might be unavailable. It all depends on the terms of the licensing agreement.

If you really want to listen to that album (if you manage to get your hands on a physical copy) you can rip it using iTunes and transfer it to your iPhone. Even better, if you have iTunes Match, it will be available to download over the air right after it is ripped.

I purchased the album about 7 years ago via digital download through the Microsoft store during the time I owned a Zune media player.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I purchased the album about 7 years ago via digital download through the Microsoft store during the time I owned a Zune media player.

I have a few digital download albums that I got back in the early Zune days that are DRMed and won't play anymore. I literally had to burn audio CDs of the albums and rip them into iTunes. It was a pain. They were only playable with Windows media player or the Zune, as far as I know. Thank God Microsoft let me burn audio CDs of the music.

Rj Leblanc

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
I am new to forums so forgive me if i seem amateurish. I have had this same issue for a while now. I started reading up on it in these types of forums and groups... Not sure why it happens.... could be a multitude of reasons.... The solution for me was simple.. If you right click on the song or the album, all the way at the bottom of the drop down window click on "check the selection". I did a Sync on my iPhone and it worked. Hope this helps.

SirLydon

May 9, 2016
Visit site
I am new to forums so forgive me if i seem amateurish. I have had this same issue for a while now. I started reading up on it in these types of forums and groups... Not sure why it happens.... could be a multitude of reasons.... The solution for me was simple.. If you right click on the song or the album, all the way at the bottom of the drop down window click on "check the selection". I did a Sync on my iPhone and it worked. Hope this helps.

Thank you! The "Check Selection" option worked like a charm for me. This has been driving me crazy for months. I've been deleting and re-adding whole albums (losing my ratings in the process) to sort it out up until now.

Tsubasa Iwabuchi

May 14, 2016
Visit site

You saved my life! And this gotta be a big that must be fixed immediately.

AllThingsErickah

Jul 30, 2018
Visit site
I’m aware that this post is very old but this is an on going issue. Like some have said I do believe there are license agreements and copyright very much involved.
Solutions:
today July 30th 2018 1:30 pm lol I found a solution; now because I just did this I’m not sure how long it will stay. This includes purchasing the songs through iTunes & I’ve provided pictures. Simple fix whatever song is blurred out just buy it in iTunes, that song will continue to be grayed but the purchased one is available. I know many of you are not interested in buying music these days with downloading & all but if you can use other methods like the one below & get most songs back then spending a dollar & some change is worth it.

The first thing I tried was logging out of my Apple ID, signing back in, opening iTunes Music accepting the “iCloud Music Library Sync” msg that pops up. Then my fully grayed out Drake Scorpion album was ungrayed accept for one song “Talk Up” so I just bought it lol it was only 1.29. Also I had to redownload just about all songs that weren’t bought. I may have done something wrong; still, I rather have and even simpler fix but this method is mentioned on most forums with a few optional steps that can also be done. It can be done with the phone or computer. It’s also on this one someone left the link.

Mentioned in this forum is a “Check Selection” method which plenty of users said worked however I don’t see this method available with just the IPhone.

Attachments

• F9599E82-6FD6-4B95-A92D-BE4EE2619252.png
    F9599E82-6FD6-4B95-A92D-BE4EE2619252.png
    195.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 0DE7A018-F0C6-41CC-AA8B-3706ABDEFA7B.png
    0DE7A018-F0C6-41CC-AA8B-3706ABDEFA7B.png
    712.7 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics