iOS 9.2.1 is out!

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
You should be able to create a new email address and then use it for iCloud while still being associated with your current/primary Apple ID. Hopefully, it'll work for you. (Fingers crossed...)

Create a new email address? I see a change option, or change my apple id email address. Is that what you mean?

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Create a new email address? I see a change option, or change my apple id email address. Is that what you mean?

Click edit under account,

It's the reachable at section. I have 4 email addresses associated. I've never tried to login with any other address than my main Apple ID address though.

When I was talking to Apple with the troubleshooting for the backup, he did mention I had several "apple id's" associated with the account.

Let me know if it works out.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh dang. I forgot that Apple was redesigning that page. It's a tad more user friendly and totally different from how it used to look. I like it...:)...Anyway, go to the accounts section and then scroll down to the bottom to select "Add an email address". I logged in via my iPhone 6S Plus.

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Click edit under account,

It's the reachable at section. I have 4 email addresses associated. I've never tried to login with any other address than my main Apple ID address though.

When I was talking to Apple with the troubleshooting for the backup, he did mention I had several "apple id's" associated with the account.

Let me know if it works out.

Just did that and did not work.

I think the guy at the Apple store mentioned something similar to me yesterday when I was leaving.

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I already have.

Are your backups working? I've been backing up to iCloud through wifi sync. Decided today to try iCloud and it WORKED!

I didn't change anything. Issue had to have been on their end. Looks like they fixed it.

cc3316df8e8c93193d7894040bfdaf4e.jpg

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Are your backups working? I've been backing up to iCloud through wifi sync. Decided today to try iCloud and it WORKED!

I didn't change anything. Issue had to have been on their end. Looks like they fixed it.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160129/cc3316df8e8c93193d7894040bfdaf4e.jpg

I've been seeing things online saying that it is working for people. Mine is still hosed. At this point I'm so frustrated I don't even care anymore. I am tired of wasting time and energy and hours of my personal time trying to troubleshoot something that is not even in my ability to fix. Apple sucks with this.

mike_fotos

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I've been seeing things online saying that it is working for people. Mine is still hosed. At this point I'm so frustrated I don't even care anymore. I am tired of wasting time and energy and hours of my personal time trying to troubleshoot something that is not even in my ability to fix. Apple sucks with this.

I just checked mine and it did a backup yesterday at 4pm. Working fine now. I can even turn off apps I don't want to backup. Seems like they fixed something.

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site

That's horrible. hope it gets fixed soon for you.

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
I like most everything about iOS 9.2.1, but it still hasn't fixed the weird App Store bugs I've been having with my Air since upgrading to 9. Auto-updates seem mostly to work now (thankfully), but even if everything is current, I'll get popups every few days that say "X apps haven't been updated in 8 days", where the X can range from 1 to 5, and it seems to be 8 days for some reason. I've got no idea why its doing that.. and I've reset the App store using the '10 tap' method, rebooted the iPad, and so on. Nothing seems to make it go away.

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I think I will do the same now.

I'm hoping it fixes the issue for you, but it had to have been something on their end. Maybe the fix has to be applied on a per account basis. Doubt we will ever know. I haven't heard back from the senior advisor that I was talking to.

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm hoping it fixes the issue for you, but it had to have been something on their end. Maybe the fix has to be applied on a per account basis. Doubt we will ever know. I haven't heard back from the senior advisor that I was talking to.

Happy to report going back to 9.2.1 did the trick! Backups are now working again!!

FYI do not go on the 9.3 beta. Backups are still fubar (at least mine).

YMMV.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh