iOS 9.2.1 is out!

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I've had mine turned off, so never used it (I do backups manually with iTunes). I enabled it on my phone just now for the very first time and promptly received the same error message as you guys. IMHO you should be able to disable wifi and do a backup that way (default setting being Off). It would surely rule out those having issues over wifi instead of with the backup software or the iCloud servers. I've been suspecting a wifi issue on my end lately simply because Life360 keeps losing me, which is an issue that followed me from my Android device. And the wifi is sitting right on my desk so I'm practically sitting right on top of it. Makes me wonder.

I don't think its a wifi issue as I have tried in multiple locations each with good routers and bandwidth. Still a no go.

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Finally got my iPad ipsw to download today. Wiped the iPad completely and loaded a new clean copy of 9.2.1 on it.

I can confirm...backup still doesn't work. Ugh.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Seems I spoke too soon. Now iTunes will not let me backup to iCloud. No error, just doesn't do the backup even though you can see it trying to do something at the top. It backs up to my computer just fine. :crying:

Did you try a 2nd time immediately after?

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Finally got my iPad ipsw to download today. Wiped the iPad completely and loaded a new clean copy of 9.2.1 on it.

I can confirm...backup still doesn't work. Ugh.

Same here wiped my iPhone clean via iTunes and backup still does not work. I am wasting way to much time on this. Just made an appt at the Genius bar for tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully I can get this issue sorted or my device swapped.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
From my Wife's 5c. She had hers on auto back up, and it did fine this morning. Sure is a mystery. Y'all try on auto back up?
Wife's 5c:
6006bcf1b12a64e7ab534a81b07a19cb.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's definitely not a wifi related issue.

Feedback sent.

While most users don't have this issue, there's enough that do to warrant Apple taking action. This has been ongoing since iOS 9 began. It got better for a while, but it's baaack! I no longer auto back up. I keep it toggled off except when backing up. I do it manually about every 2 weeks or do. What happens when you leave it to auto back up? If you plug it in, put it to sleep, and leave it all night?

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
so.. for the rest of us, how is 9.2.1 been (aside from the iCloud issue)? I'm not sure about the update after reading many of the reviews about the 9.2.1 beta.

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
While most users don't have this issue, there's enough that do to warrant Apple taking action. This has been ongoing since iOS 9 began. It got better for a while, but it's baaack! I no longer auto back up. I keep it toggled off except when backing up. I do it manually about every 2 weeks or do. What happens when you leave it to auto back up? If you plug it in, put it to sleep, and leave it all night?

If I leave it plugged in etc, it does not back up at all any more.

If i turn off the backup, then I cannot even enable it unless i sign out of my iCloud account and then back in.

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering what would happen if you create a new iCloud account whether it would back up then? May be something in the account itself causing the issue?

Yes, that is one of the things I've tested. It will backup to a new account. And a new device will backup to the current account. It's when the backup is deleted for a given device, it will no longer backup.

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Yes, that is one of the things I've tested. It will backup to a new account. And a new device will backup to the current account. It's when the backup is deleted for a given device, it will no longer backup.

Its too bad we cant move apps from one account to another or I would have done this and been done with it.

Will advise what tomorrow brings after I go to the Apple Store.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW