iOS 9.2.1 is out!

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up. Hope it fixes my iCloud backup issue.

What's your iCloud backup issue ? If it's trouble backing up, I had this same issue. I fixed it by deleting the previous backup & turning off iCloud Keychain. When deleting previous backup wait for the little circle thing to completely stop spinning. Then delete it. The image below is the circle thing I'm talking about.
ef2e4f7fec8cfcbddf07e1f4101f8e29.jpg

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
What's your iCloud backup issue ? If it's trouble backing up, I had this same issue. I fixed it by deleting the previous backup & turning off iCloud Keychain. When deleting previous backup wait for the little circle thing to completely stop spinning. Then delete it. The image below is the circle thing I'm talking about. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160119/ef2e4f7fec8cfcbddf07e1f4101f8e29.jpg

I have tried all that. Nothing works. In fact, my iPhone shows up but it now has Lastbackup as Never with a Size of 0

I also tried turning off each of the apps below where your screenshot is showing all of the apps to no avail. In fact, I am not able to turn off the apps individually. It kicks up an error message saying that they can't be turned off at this time.

Also, I do not have iCloud Keychain even turned on.

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
From what I can tell, it is an account issue. iCloud backups were working fine with my devices. I set both my iPad and phone up as new on 9.2. backups were working fine still. UNTIL i deleted the iCloud backups and tried to backup again. Seems like any device that has already been used on a given account and the backup has been deleted, it will not backup again. I can backup with a new device to my account and I can backup my current devices with another account.

So I do believe a device swap would fix the issue...just don't delete the backup.

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
From what I can tell, it is an account issue. iCloud backups were working fine with my devices. I set both my iPad and phone up as new on 9.2. backups were working fine still. UNTIL i deleted the iCloud backups and tried to backup again. Seems like any device that has already been used on a given account and the backup has been deleted, it will not backup again. I can backup with a new device to my account and I can backup my current devices with another account.

So I do believe a device swap would fix the issue...just don't delete the backup.

Guess I will have to go to the Apple Store at some point. Crazy that most people say to delete the backup and it will fix things. Not in my case.

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Guess I will have to go to the Apple Store at some point. Crazy that most people say to delete the backup and it will fix things. Not in my case.

Same here. I believe that deleting the backup is what caused my issue.

In the process of testing, I even backed up a spare iPad at work successfully to my account. I had restored the iPad, set it up as new with 9.2 with my account. I was trying to replicate the backup issue on that iPad and couldn't because I can't delete that backup now. It's stuck in my iCloud storage and will not allow me to delete.

I did try to restore my iPad with that backup and see if it would then let me backup. nope.

Like you, I was truly hoping 9.2.1 would fix my issue.

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Same here. I believe that deleting the backup is what caused my issue.

In the process of testing, I even backed up a spare iPad at work successfully to my account. I had restored the iPad, set it up as new with 9.2 with my account. I was trying to replicate the backup issue on that iPad and couldn't because I can't delete that backup now. It's stuck in my iCloud storage and will not allow me to delete.

I did try to restore my iPad with that backup and see if it would then let me backup. nope.

Like you, I was truly hoping 9.2.1 would fix my issue.

Are you able to delete the iPhone backup from another device?

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Are you able to delete the iPhone backup from another device?

for my iPhone and my iPad, the backups were deleted prior to noticing this issue. I was wanting to start fresh with everything. Including downgrading my iCloud storage from 200GB to 50GB. Had some major issues with iCloud photo library causing me to try out google photos.

The spare iPad at work that I cannot delete the backup of, I've tried on that device, my iPad, my iPhone and two macs.

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
for my iPhone and my iPad, the backups were deleted prior to noticing this issue. I was wanting to start fresh with everything. Including downgrading my iCloud storage from 200GB to 50GB. Had some major issues with iCloud photo library causing me to try out google photos.

The spare iPad at work that I cannot delete the backup of, I've tried on that device, my iPad, my iPhone and two macs.

Geez. This issue is frustrating to say the least.

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Geez. This issue is frustrating to say the least.

Totally, I've spent way too much of my timer dealing with this. Including the hour and a half i wasted talking to Apple. Their response was it is a known issue, use iTunes to backup. Supposed to be hearing back from them tonight....we'll see.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods