Totally, I've spent way too much of my timer dealing with this. Including the hour and a half i wasted talking to Apple. Their response was it is a known issue, use iTunes to backup. Supposed to be hearing back from them tonight....we'll see.
    Did you hear back from Apple last night?
    01-20-2016 07:22 AM
    Did you hear back from Apple last night?
    Nope. Not even a "were still working on it" call. I've been trying to restore my iPad as new since 9.2.1 released and I can't download the ipsw to do so. I want to wipe it and restore it as new and see if that possibly fixes it. Doubtful though.
    Trooper27 likes this.
    01-20-2016 07:28 AM
    Nope. Not even a "were still working on it" call. I've been trying to restore my iPad as new since 9.2.1 released and I can't download the ipsw to do so. I want to wipe it and restore it as new and see if that possibly fixes it. Doubtful though.
    Keep me posted man. Shame on Apple for this issue.
    01-20-2016 07:32 AM
    Keep me posted man. Shame on Apple for this issue.
    Will do.

Yea, I've only been experiencing it for a few days. I can't believe how long some people have been waiting without a backup. What do the people who don't have a computer with iTunes do? They need to take care of this.
    Trooper27 likes this.
    01-20-2016 07:38 AM
    How funny is that. I literally just this minute finished an update on my blog about my new phone, and how Apple updates more frequently than my previously owned phone *cough* Google *cough*.

Installing now! Thanks for the heads up.
    Trooper27 likes this.
    01-20-2016 07:45 AM
    Will do.

Yea, I've only been experiencing it for a few days. I can't believe how long some people have been waiting without a backup. What do the people who don't have a computer with iTunes do? They need to take care of this.
    I agree. It really is crazy. I have read on some other forums that folks have not been able to backup since September. Not cool at all.
    01-20-2016 08:01 AM
    I agree. It really is crazy. I have read on some other forums that folks have not been able to backup since September. Not cool at all.
    I've had mine turned off, so never used it (I do backups manually with iTunes). I enabled it on my phone just now for the very first time and promptly received the same error message as you guys. IMHO you should be able to disable wifi and do a backup that way (default setting being Off). It would surely rule out those having issues over wifi instead of with the backup software or the iCloud servers. I've been suspecting a wifi issue on my end lately simply because Life360 keeps losing me, which is an issue that followed me from my Android device. And the wifi is sitting right on my desk so I'm practically sitting right on top of it. Makes me wonder.
    Trooper27 likes this.
    01-20-2016 09:06 AM
    I just replicated the issue on my sons account with an iPad mini. Was backing up just fine. Deleted the backup, now can't backup.
    Trooper27 likes this.
    01-20-2016 09:11 AM
    Those of you having problems backing up with iCloud, have you tried signing out of your iCloud account, then signing back in?

If you still have issues, I would contact Apple Support again. Maybe the rep you got the first time was a newbie. Ask for a tech support person.
    Trooper27 likes this.
    01-20-2016 09:16 AM
    Those of you having problems backing up with iCloud, have you tried signing out of your iCloud account, then signing back in?

If you still have issues, I would contact Apple Support again. Maybe the rep you got the first time was a newbie. Ask for a tech support person.
    I've tried everything imaginable.

Also spoke with Apple Senior Advisor. The best answer they are giving is "known issue, use iTunes to backup".
    Trooper27 likes this.
    01-20-2016 09:22 AM
    Seems I spoke too soon. Now iTunes will not let me backup to iCloud. No error, just doesn't do the backup even though you can see it trying to do something at the top. It backs up to my computer just fine.
    01-20-2016 09:34 AM
    I've never had issues doing iCloud backups.
    01-20-2016 11:18 AM
    Don't delete your backup, you most likely won't be able to backup again.
    01-20-2016 11:19 AM
    I've tried everything imaginable.

Also spoke with Apple Senior Advisor. The best answer they are giving is "known issue, use iTunes to backup".
    Same here. Apple just says its a known issue and wait for a fix. Its ridiculous at this point.\

Did you try to restore from iTunes like you said earlier man?
    01-20-2016 11:58 AM
    Like ebedoun said, do not delete your backup or you will not be able to use iCloud to backup.
    01-20-2016 11:58 AM
    I've had mine turned off, so never used it (I do backups manually with iTunes). I enabled it on my phone just now for the very first time and promptly received the same error message as you guys. IMHO you should be able to disable wifi and do a backup that way (default setting being Off). It would surely rule out those having issues over wifi instead of with the backup software or the iCloud servers. I've been suspecting a wifi issue on my end lately simply because Life360 keeps losing me, which is an issue that followed me from my Android device. And the wifi is sitting right on my desk so I'm practically sitting right on top of it. Makes me wonder.
    I don't think its a wifi issue as I have tried in multiple locations each with good routers and bandwidth. Still a no go.
    01-20-2016 12:21 PM
    I don't think its a wifi issue as I have tried in multiple locations each with good routers and bandwidth. Still a no go.
    I just tried it on my laptop and got the same thing. That's 2 failed over wifi and 1 fail with cable. I agree with you.
    Trooper27 likes this.
    01-20-2016 01:10 PM
    I just tried it on my laptop and got the same thing. That's 2 failed over wifi and 1 fail with cable. I agree with you.
    Apple really needs to get a handle on this.
    NoNameFace likes this.
    01-20-2016 01:16 PM
    Finally got my iPad ipsw to download today. Wiped the iPad completely and loaded a new clean copy of 9.2.1 on it.

I can confirm...backup still doesn't work. Ugh.
    Trooper27 likes this.
    01-20-2016 01:31 PM
    Seems I spoke too soon. Now iTunes will not let me backup to iCloud. No error, just doesn't do the backup even though you can see it trying to do something at the top. It backs up to my computer just fine.
    Did you try a 2nd time immediately after?
    01-20-2016 02:03 PM
    Finally got my iPad ipsw to download today. Wiped the iPad completely and loaded a new clean copy of 9.2.1 on it.

I can confirm...backup still doesn't work. Ugh.
    Same here wiped my iPhone clean via iTunes and backup still does not work. I am wasting way to much time on this. Just made an appt at the Genius bar for tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully I can get this issue sorted or my device swapped.
    01-20-2016 02:18 PM
    Did you try a 2nd time immediately after?
    I did, still does not work.
    01-20-2016 02:18 PM
    From my Wife's 5c. She had hers on auto back up, and it did fine this morning. Sure is a mystery. Y'all try on auto back up?
    Wife's 5c:
    01-20-2016 02:23 PM
    Yes we have tried everything. Does not work, period.
    01-20-2016 04:04 PM
    Yes we have tried everything. Does not work, period.
    Odd. Send feedback! IDK. Could it be related to wifi signal?

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html
    Trooper27 likes this.
    01-20-2016 04:29 PM
127 1234 ...