iOS 9.3 Beta 7 for Public is live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: 9.3 public beta is go!

I'm going to download the public beta. When 9.3 goes live as the official version (not the public beta), will I just delete the public beta profile and be able to download the official 9.3 Update OTA as normal?

All you have to do is connect the device to iTunes and then select to restore it. Whatever the official iOS version is released, that is the one that will be installed on your device.

Ben13

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site

All you have to do is connect the device to iTunes and then select to restore it. Whatever the official iOS version is released, that is the one that will be installed on your device.

I read, could be wrong, that if the build number of the last 9.3 beta is different from the GM version of 9.3 then I would get an OTA update as normal.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I read, could be wrong, that if the build number of the last 9.3 beta is different from the GM version of 9.3 then I would get an OTA update as normal.

GM version? I doubt we'll see that before the beta version of iOS 10. Typically, the GM is the same as the released version. Anyway, you won't have any problems updating to the official iOS version from a beta.

Ben13

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site

GM version? I doubt we'll see that before the beta version of iOS 10. Typically, the GM is the same as the released version. Anyway, you won't have any problems updating to the official iOS version from a beta.

Even OTA?

P.S. Thanks for your help!

jdesignz

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site

It's out now!
2115220f46298f8156ef2ac4a5c15bf1.jpg

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Me neither. I did set it for 10pm - 8am to do whatever it is exactly. U find anything else in this beta that's new ?

No, not yet, but I'm not really paying that close attention to it. I mean, everything appears to be working well, and I'm watching college basketball on ESPN...:)...I'm off this weekend so I'll have some time to actually experiment closely with iOS 9.3 beta.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
9.3 public beta is go!

Is putting a password on the Notes app not working for anyone else?

Yes, but I've found that after creating the passcode, I have to completely close out the app and then re-start it to see the locked feature on the selected notes I've locked.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452822341.103450.jpg

cwelch

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

Anyone on the new watch beta? Is night shift on the watch? Kind of strange looking at my phone/iPad with it activated and then looking at the watch. I already have flux on my computer.

Ben13

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site

Every time I try to download the beta profile it gives me a error. Anyone else having this problem? Any fixes? Done a hard rest and normal turn off and on.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Every time I try to download the beta profile it gives me a error. Anyone else having this problem? Any fixes? Done a hard rest and normal turn off and on.

What error message are you getting?

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site

Yes, but I've found that after creating the passcode, I have to completely close out the app and then re-start it to see the locked feature on the selected notes I've locked.

View attachment 101021

Ok so we have to select certain notes to be locked? I thought it was the app itself. I am not a big Apple Notes guy I use third party apps. But want to test this feature out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal