All-In-One cable modems/box

ipooed

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
Just In case anyone else here is experiencing lost connectivity on your idevices running 9.2, I was called by my cable provider offering me maestro (all in one cable box, modem, DVR etc) for a lower price of course I accepted, now up to this point I had no issues getting connected or staying connected via wifi. Within 3 hours of being connected we were all experiencing lost connectivity on all our iPhones/iPods (3 devices in total) on both 5GHz and 2.4GHz.

I called the cable company they sent a tech out whom went all over everything again and said I should be good to go, within 20min the wifi started dropping again, another call to tech support and another tech came the following day swapped out the all-in-one cable box with a brand new unit low and behold the same thing happened again lost connectivity on all devices!

By this time I was furious so I called back and demanded I get back what I had (separate cable box and modem) they complied and now going on day 3 I haven't lost any wifi on any idevices yet.

I also went to another forum and 3 people (all with all-in-one) cable boxes all through time warner were experiencing the same issues with the dropping connectivity.

So just a heads up, not sure if this is a known issue but it seems 9.2 doesn't like all-in-one cable boxes, and here I thought it was just an issue with me.

Anyone have an all-in-one cable box and experiencing connectivity issues?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. As for me, I use my own cable modem and the Apple AirPort Extreme cube. Wi-Fi is blazing fast and never drops...:)

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up. I use a Time Capsule and an Airport Express so I won't be switching to any DVR/modem/cable box combos. Honestly I wouldn't think that a wireless router being stashed away on a shelf under a bunch of other electronics would be a good idea anyway.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the information!

Not sure it's 9.2 that's causing the issue, but rather something with the combo boxes themselves. If the new one fixed it, seems like it would be isolated to the combo box.

ipooed

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
I am in Canada with a totally different provider than time warner, so it happening in two different countries with two different providers makes me wonder if it's more widespread with those whom have an all-in-one

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I have my own cable modem and Wi-Fi router. I don't have cable TV. I save on the rental fees each month. My Wi-Fi is working fine.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods