I have upgraded to every iPhone since the 5,5c,5s,6+,6 now I have the 6s I really want to leave Apple I feel as if they are dropping the ball a lot since the 5s with iOS 7 (beginning) iOS 8 and now iOS 9.

I just cannot bring myself to do it, any tips from those that have switched over? A way to make it easier perhaps.

I know I am new and no this is not a trolling post, I am a member (same username) at another popular forum. But if I had posted this question there is be called everything but a white man, posting here to avoid all the verbal abuse.
    12-19-2015 07:13 PM
    Not a troll? Even with that username? Interesting....
    12-19-2015 07:15 PM
    12-19-2015 07:25 PM
    Not a troll? Even with that username? Interesting....
    I know this user well and he is not trolling. He is here at iMore looking for honest opinions and info without being bashed. I know him from the other forum and it can be tough over there at times getting info without being hammered on.
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    12-19-2015 07:30 PM
    Thanks don
    12-19-2015 07:31 PM
    I know this user well and he is not trolling. He is here at iMore looking for honest opinions and info without being bashed. I know him from the other forum and it can be tough over there at times getting info without being hammered on.
    Fair enough. Wasn't saying he was a troll. Was just a red flag with the name and "issues" with iPhone.
    12-19-2015 07:40 PM
    Fair enough. Wasn't saying he was a troll. Was just a red flag with the name and "issues" with iPhone.
    Certainly realize that you were not and I meant no foul. I suggested he come over here because I find the members are polite and courteous. I do more posting here myself now because of the membership. I enjoy the forums here.
    Les74 and blackmagicwoman like this.
    12-19-2015 07:51 PM
    Don't understand this post? In what why do you feel apple is dropping the ball?
    12-19-2015 11:49 PM
    I have upgraded to every iPhone since the 5,5c,5s,6+,6 now I have the 6s I really want to leave Apple I feel as if they are dropping the ball a lot since the 5s with iOS 7 (beginning) iOS 8 and now iOS 9.

I just cannot bring myself to do it, any tips from those that have switched over? A way to make it easier perhaps.

I know I am new and no this is not a trolling post, I am a member (same username) at another popular forum. But if I had posted this question there is be called everything but a white man, posting here to avoid all the verbal abuse.
    I slightly remember u from I think macrumors, so you're not coming across as a troll. My best suggestion is, I don't feel they're dropping the ball, they're staying in their lane. I would give the other side a shot, who knows u may like it. I felt the same way a couple months ago, so I ventured & picked up a S6 edge plus. I just couldn't get into like I do with iPhones & that's nothing against android. I enjoy android & what it's capable of. I just prefer iOS. I hope I was able to give u some kinda of advice.
    ipooed likes this.
    12-19-2015 11:55 PM
    Don't understand this post? In what why do you feel apple is dropping the ball?
    Software wise, we were promised a faster more optimized OS! I've yet to see any of those promises that were talked about at the keynote.

Yes my iPhone is usable it's just the unpolished, stutters that have me frustrated and wondering if it will ever be fixed. Basically I am waiting for iOS 6 like fluidity that doesn't seem to be coming ever.
    12-20-2015 05:49 AM
    I just want the fluidity back I experienced in iOS 6, not having to reboot my phone a few times a week to keep it running up to par.

The promises at the keynote of better battery and a faster OS have yet to be implemented, I get on average an hour and a half less battery on my 6s than I did my 6 and that is with everything turned off location, Apple Music, Bluetooth, 3D Touch, Siri, spotlight....

I guess I am just getting frustrated, tried out 9.2.1 but it's the same only thing that's been fixed or addressed is the apps not being able to fully install (which I've never encountered) *knock on wood*
    12-20-2015 06:04 AM
    With the problems you've experienced I can understand why you're frustrated. Although I seem to be having better luck with my devices than you (my 6s Plus gets slightly better battery life than my 6 Plus did, for example) I feel that Apple over-promised and under-delivered in iOS 9. From the keynote I was expecting iOS 9 to run rock solid and I feel like it's been plagued with bugs. Nonetheless it's not enough to get me to jump ship anytime soon though. I know many people who have recently switched from Android to iOS and they're all glad they did it. That tells me something. It tells me that the grass is no greener on the other side. In fact, it's probably worse.
    My advice to you is to give Android a try. If you don't like it you can always switch back. That's why stores have return policies
    Isn't Samsung still doing that free loaner deal? You might want to check into that.
    On a side note, a username doesn't make someone a troll. I'm sorry you were even met with that response in the first place. We hold ourselves to a high standard here. If you do end up staying with iOS I hope you continue to post here!
    ipooed likes this.
    12-20-2015 06:38 AM
    I'll have to look into that Samsung loaner deal, hopefully it's available in Canada.
    12-20-2015 07:18 AM
    If you're frustrated at the things you described then steer away from Android.
    Les74, john_v and dcbratton like this.
    12-20-2015 12:26 PM
    I'll have to look into that Samsung loaner deal, hopefully it's available in Canada.
    Worth looking into but I'm not sure of its availability in Canada. It lets you experience the other side and gives you an easy way out of you decide to stick with iOS.
    12-20-2015 05:35 PM
    What glitches are you seeing? My wife was getting a repeated message about verifying her Apple ID that we couldn't get rid of for a couple of weeks, but between us, it's really the only glitch I've seen, including my iOS 9 public beta experience.

Anyway, I sometimes think switching from my iPad to the Microsoft Surface. I listen to Windows Weekly a lot and the Surface sounds nice, but I went to the Microsoft Store and did something and a window got stuck at the bottom of the screen and the floor salesperson couldn't unstick it.

The point is, the other side sounds good, but then there are problems and you end up thinking, I guess they all have glitches and who knows if these will be worse. At least I pretty much know how to deal with the Apple ones.

Good luck, whatever decision you make.
    ipooed likes this.
    12-20-2015 06:28 PM
    I share this sentiment.
    I am an Apple user for a quarter century and has been using the iPhone since its inception (3, was it?).
    I definitely feel something has changed in Apple and bug fixes are routine and frequent. iPhone 6 succumbed to Android crowd (size and shape etc).
    5s for example was uniquely Apple and copied by others.
    Software wise, yes, since OS7 (Jonny?), it's not like Apple-like, and too many revisions, quality in both HW and SW seems degraded. Feel like Aple always has been struggling, particularly in terms of software. What's going on inside Apple these days?
    ipooed likes this.
    12-20-2015 09:16 PM
    Software wise, we were promised a faster more optimized OS! I've yet to see any of those promises that were talked about at the keynote.

Yes my iPhone is usable it's just the unpolished, stutters that have me frustrated and wondering if it will ever be fixed. Basically I am waiting for iOS 6 like fluidity that doesn't seem to be coming ever.
    I get the feeling that somebody thinks the "good ol' days" were a lot better than they really were ...
    12-21-2015 01:28 AM
    completely fine for me, very pleasant to use. every time i swiped to unlock in ios 6 it made me love apple all over again, no matter how many times a day that was.
    12-21-2015 07:48 AM
    If you're frustrated at the things you described then steer away from Android.
    I probably have to agree with this. I just came back to IOS from 3-4 years on Android. Maybe its because Android is so easily modified, but I found it to be much more choppy and laggy. I finally got tired of it and just wanted something that worked. So far, I'm glad to be back to IOS. I will say that of all the Androids I used, the Sony Experia was the smoothest and most dependable for me. Also, battery life in unbeleivable.
    12-21-2015 08:12 AM
    These later OS's have many more features and options than iOS 6. It's been a whole different ball game since iOS 7 began. For me, iOS 9 has cured many of the ills. It is faster and smoother. If yours is not, maybe a restore as new with a fresh copy would work. These are, after all, just tiny computers.
    12-21-2015 08:13 AM
    Let's say you leave. Where are you going to go next? Android? Windows Phone?

If you think iOS 9 is unpolished then get a load of those other two operating systems. I'm not saying they're bad, but the comparison with those opposed to iOS is almost like night and day when it comes to being "polished".
    Les74, john_v and Not Quite Right like this.
    12-21-2015 01:48 PM
    Let's say you leave. Where are you going to go next? Android? Windows Phone?

If you think iOS 9 is unpolished then get a load of those other two operating systems. I'm not saying they're bad, but the comparison with those opposed to iOS is almost like night and day when it comes to being "polished".
    This. My list of devices used in the last 3 years includes the S3, S4, Note 2, Note 3, Note Edge, iPhone 5, 5S, 6+, as well as BlackBerry Z10, Q10, and Z30, Nokia Lumia 920 and 1520 (WP). So I've checked out the color of the grass on all sides of the fence.

And my findings? Finally feel at home with the 6S. No it ain't perfect, but much more polished. Plus Apple seems to be kicking out updates at a pretty decent pace. Listen, updates is what finally drove me off of Android. I finally had enough of wondering if my device would be updated to the most current version, then sitting wondering if Verizon was ever going to push it out, then when my Note Edge finally got Android 5.0 it ruined the device.

That's not to say Android is all bad. If I absolutely had to I could go back to it tomorrow. But I'm glad I don't. My 6S runs great, does everything I need it to, and then some. And I know as soon as Apple pushes out an update, it will be available right away.

I'm not saying don't try android...just saying do your homework and some serious research before you do.
    12-21-2015 02:28 PM
    Sounds like we all get a case of "I like this so don't ever change this ever" and then say "why haven't apple tried to change this". Nothing is perfect, but I have a Note 4, iphone 6s plus and nexus 6p. None of them are without glitches. I'll sell both of the other phones in a heartbeat if I had to carry only one over my iphone. I'll never get another samsung device. My TMO note 4 JUST got the 5.1.1 update so i'm not holding my breath for 6. The Nexus is nice, really nice, but android is almost too open for me. I get tired of it asking for which app to open this or that with like I'll never be finish setting the defaults on that thing. And it seems to list everything app on the phone in the share list even if you can't send the file your sharing to that app. Don't even get me started with how these phones handle SMS/MMS.
    12-21-2015 04:11 PM
    Yeh I just came from Android Lollipop to the iPhone 6s. Trust me though Marshmallow should have smoothed things over a bit, the grass is not greener on the other side. (Google Play services stopping, taking a picture but only to find out later it didn't save to the camera roll and other strange annoying bugs). I love Android and still have my Moto X around to play with it, but I find iOS more refined and a lot more stable. Android has its virtues though that warrants one trying it out, but not necessarily to escape OS bugs. I am sticking with IOS for now as my daily driver, i have been very content. In fact the only bug I have seen so far is a strange dark keyboard that gets stuck until I turn of my screen. BTW, iOS 9 is blazing fast on my 6s, and I dont find it slow on my wife old iPhone 5.
    12-21-2015 04:36 PM
27 12