Anyone else?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
These later OS's have many more features and options than iOS 6. It's been a whole different ball game since iOS 7 began. For me, iOS 9 has cured many of the ills. It is faster and smoother. If yours is not, maybe a restore as new with a fresh copy would work. These are, after all, just tiny computers.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Let's say you leave. Where are you going to go next? Android? Windows Phone?

If you think iOS 9 is unpolished then get a load of those other two operating systems. I'm not saying they're bad, but the comparison with those opposed to iOS is almost like night and day when it comes to being "polished".

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
Let's say you leave. Where are you going to go next? Android? Windows Phone?

If you think iOS 9 is unpolished then get a load of those other two operating systems. I'm not saying they're bad, but the comparison with those opposed to iOS is almost like night and day when it comes to being "polished".

This. My list of devices used in the last 3 years includes the S3, S4, Note 2, Note 3, Note Edge, iPhone 5, 5S, 6+, as well as BlackBerry Z10, Q10, and Z30, Nokia Lumia 920 and 1520 (WP). So I've checked out the color of the grass on all sides of the fence.

And my findings? Finally feel at home with the 6S. No it ain't perfect, but much more polished. Plus Apple seems to be kicking out updates at a pretty decent pace. Listen, updates is what finally drove me off of Android. I finally had enough of wondering if my device would be updated to the most current version, then sitting wondering if Verizon was ever going to push it out, then when my Note Edge finally got Android 5.0 it ruined the device.

That's not to say Android is all bad. If I absolutely had to I could go back to it tomorrow. But I'm glad I don't. My 6S runs great, does everything I need it to, and then some. And I know as soon as Apple pushes out an update, it will be available right away.

I'm not saying don't try android...just saying do your homework and some serious research before you do.

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like we all get a case of "I like this so don't ever change this ever" and then say "why haven't apple tried to change this". Nothing is perfect, but I have a Note 4, iphone 6s plus and nexus 6p. None of them are without glitches. I'll sell both of the other phones in a heartbeat if I had to carry only one over my iphone. I'll never get another samsung device. My TMO note 4 JUST got the 5.1.1 update so i'm not holding my breath for 6. The Nexus is nice, really nice, but android is almost too open for me. I get tired of it asking for which app to open this or that with like I'll never be finish setting the defaults on that thing. And it seems to list everything app on the phone in the share list even if you can't send the file your sharing to that app. Don't even get me started with how these phones handle SMS/MMS.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Yeh I just came from Android Lollipop to the iPhone 6s. Trust me though Marshmallow should have smoothed things over a bit, the grass is not greener on the other side. (Google Play services stopping, taking a picture but only to find out later it didn't save to the camera roll and other strange annoying bugs). I love Android and still have my Moto X around to play with it, but I find iOS more refined and a lot more stable. Android has its virtues though that warrants one trying it out, but not necessarily to escape OS bugs. I am sticking with IOS for now as my daily driver, i have been very content. In fact the only bug I have seen so far is a strange dark keyboard that gets stuck until I turn of my screen. BTW, iOS 9 is blazing fast on my 6s, and I don?t find it slow on my wife old iPhone 5.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
The 5S was definitely my Apple highlight. The 6s was well welcomed with the screen size increase. I haven't experienced any more or less quirks than I have with my past iPhones (I've had every one since the 4). Personally the difference is seen when I use older phones. There is definitely progress. I'd say if you're thinking about switching there is probably very little that can be done to change the thought aside from you going out and trying it. Shoot your shot.

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
(snip)...Android has its virtues though that warrants one trying it out, but not necessarily to escape OS bugs. (snip)

This is probably the most eloquent way the whole conversation could be wrapped up in one sentence. Mad props to you good sir...you have won the internet for today. I will be stealing that sentence to use though ;)

Yeh I just came from Android Lollipop to the iPhone 6s. Trust me though Marshmallow should have smoothed things over a bit, the grass is not greener on the other side. (Google Play services stopping, taking a picture but only to find out later it didn't save to the camera roll and other strange annoying bugs). I love Android and still have my Moto X around to play with it, but I find iOS more refined and a lot more stable. Android has its virtues though that warrants one trying it out, but not necessarily to escape OS bugs. I am sticking with IOS for now as my daily driver, i have been very content. In fact the only bug I have seen so far is a strange dark keyboard that gets stuck until I turn of my screen. BTW, iOS 9 is blazing fast on my 6s, and I don?t find it slow on my wife old iPhone 5.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2