Anyone else?

ipooed

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
I have upgraded to every iPhone since the 5,5c,5s,6+,6 now I have the 6s I really want to leave Apple I feel as if they are dropping the ball a lot since the 5s with iOS 7 (beginning) iOS 8 and now iOS 9.

I just cannot bring myself to do it, any tips from those that have switched over? A way to make it easier perhaps.

I know I am new and no this is not a trolling post, I am a member (same username) at another popular forum. But if I had posted this question there is be called everything but a white man, posting here to avoid all the verbal abuse.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Not a troll? Even with that username? Interesting....

I know this user well and he is not trolling. He is here at iMore looking for honest opinions and info without being bashed. I know him from the other forum and it can be tough over there at times getting info without being hammered on. :biggrin:

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I know this user well and he is not trolling. He is here at iMore looking for honest opinions and info without being bashed. I know him from the other forum and it can be tough over there at times getting info without being hammered on. :biggrin:

Fair enough. Wasn't saying he was a troll. Was just a red flag with the name and "issues" with iPhone.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Fair enough. Wasn't saying he was a troll. Was just a red flag with the name and "issues" with iPhone.

Certainly realize that you were not and I meant no foul. I suggested he come over here because I find the members are polite and courteous. I do more posting here myself now because of the membership. I enjoy the forums here. :yes::)

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I have upgraded to every iPhone since the 5,5c,5s,6+,6 now I have the 6s I really want to leave Apple I feel as if they are dropping the ball a lot since the 5s with iOS 7 (beginning) iOS 8 and now iOS 9.

I just cannot bring myself to do it, any tips from those that have switched over? A way to make it easier perhaps.

I know I am new and no this is not a trolling post, I am a member (same username) at another popular forum. But if I had posted this question there is be called everything but a white man, posting here to avoid all the verbal abuse.

I slightly remember u from I think macrumors, so you're not coming across as a troll. My best suggestion is, I don't feel they're dropping the ball, they're staying in their lane. I would give the other side a shot, who knows u may like it. I felt the same way a couple months ago, so I ventured & picked up a S6 edge plus. I just couldn't get into like I do with iPhones & that's nothing against android. I enjoy android & what it's capable of. I just prefer iOS. I hope I was able to give u some kinda of advice.

ipooed

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
Don't understand this post? In what why do you feel apple is dropping the ball?

Software wise, we were promised a faster more optimized OS! I've yet to see any of those promises that were talked about at the keynote.

Yes my iPhone is usable it's just the unpolished, stutters that have me frustrated and wondering if it will ever be fixed. Basically I am waiting for iOS 6 like fluidity that doesn't seem to be coming ever.

ipooed

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
I just want the fluidity back I experienced in iOS 6, not having to reboot my phone a few times a week to keep it running up to par.

The promises at the keynote of better battery and a faster OS have yet to be implemented, I get on average an hour and a half less battery on my 6s than I did my 6 and that is with everything turned off location, Apple Music, Bluetooth, 3D Touch, Siri, spotlight....

I guess I am just getting frustrated, tried out 9.2.1 but it's the same only thing that's been fixed or addressed is the apps not being able to fully install (which I've never encountered) *knock on wood*

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
With the problems you've experienced I can understand why you're frustrated. Although I seem to be having better luck with my devices than you (my 6s Plus gets slightly better battery life than my 6 Plus did, for example) I feel that Apple over-promised and under-delivered in iOS 9. From the keynote I was expecting iOS 9 to run rock solid and I feel like it's been plagued with bugs. Nonetheless it's not enough to get me to jump ship anytime soon though. I know many people who have recently switched from Android to iOS and they're all glad they did it. That tells me something. It tells me that the grass is no greener on the other side. In fact, it's probably worse.
My advice to you is to give Android a try. If you don't like it you can always switch back. That's why stores have return policies
Isn't Samsung still doing that free loaner deal? You might want to check into that.
On a side note, a username doesn't make someone a troll. I'm sorry you were even met with that response in the first place. We hold ourselves to a high standard here. If you do end up staying with iOS I hope you continue to post here!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'll have to look into that Samsung loaner deal, hopefully it's available in Canada.

Worth looking into but I'm not sure of its availability in Canada. It lets you experience the other side and gives you an easy way out of you decide to stick with iOS.

muchospanish

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What glitches are you seeing? My wife was getting a repeated message about verifying her Apple ID that we couldn't get rid of for a couple of weeks, but between us, it's really the only glitch I've seen, including my iOS 9 public beta experience.

Anyway, I sometimes think switching from my iPad to the Microsoft Surface. I listen to Windows Weekly a lot and the Surface sounds nice, but I went to the Microsoft Store and did something and a window got stuck at the bottom of the screen and the floor salesperson couldn't unstick it.

The point is, the other side sounds good, but then there are problems and you end up thinking, I guess they all have glitches and who knows if these will be worse. At least I pretty much know how to deal with the Apple ones.

Good luck, whatever decision you make.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site

I share this sentiment.
I am an Apple user for a quarter century and has been using the iPhone since its inception (3, was it?).
I definitely feel something has changed in Apple and bug fixes are routine and frequent. iPhone 6 succumbed to Android crowd (size and shape etc).
5s for example was uniquely Apple and copied by others.
Software wise, yes, since OS7 (Jonny?), it's not like Apple-like, and too many revisions, quality in both HW and SW seems degraded. Feel like Aple always has been struggling, particularly in terms of software. What's going on inside Apple these days?

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Software wise, we were promised a faster more optimized OS! I've yet to see any of those promises that were talked about at the keynote.

Yes my iPhone is usable it's just the unpolished, stutters that have me frustrated and wondering if it will ever be fixed. Basically I am waiting for iOS 6 like fluidity that doesn't seem to be coming ever.
I get the feeling that somebody thinks the "good ol' days" were a lot better than they really were ...

ipooed

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
completely fine for me, very pleasant to use. every time i swiped to unlock in ios 6 it made me love apple all over again, no matter how many times a day that was.

gpo1956

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
If you're frustrated at the things you described then steer away from Android.

I probably have to agree with this. I just came back to IOS from 3-4 years on Android. Maybe its because Android is so easily modified, but I found it to be much more choppy and laggy. I finally got tired of it and just wanted something that worked. So far, I'm glad to be back to IOS. I will say that of all the Androids I used, the Sony Experia was the smoothest and most dependable for me. Also, battery life in unbeleivable.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR