for notification on lock screen, if you receive a notification (for example a chat from LINE or whatsapp), you can see the chat content when you enable notification on lock screen.

Is there a way to set the notification on lock screen to be ON, but not seeing the notification message? Therefore I can be notified that I receive a whatsapp or LINE chat on lockscreen without reading the chat message.

Now I can disable notification on lock screen and enable sound, but it's stupid if I have BBM, whatsapp, LINE, and if i do that on all 3, I can hear sound, but I don't know which chat app that has new message.

Android can do this, for privacy. So I get notification, but can't read the message. Otherwise anyone can just read the new incoming message .

Thanks.
    12-19-2015 06:44 PM
    I believe that's usually controlled at the app level in Settings > Notifications. For example, the message preview for Messages can be disabled (see below).
    12-19-2015 06:59 PM
    I just checked my LINE and whatsapp, they do not have this message preview.

Only Message which is a native iOS app from Apple.

Maybe Apple does not allow 3rd party to do this due to SW?

Thanks.
    12-19-2015 08:33 PM
    I just checked my LINE and whatsapp, they do not have this message preview.

Only Message which is a native iOS app from Apple.

Maybe Apple does not allow 3rd party to do this due to SW?

Thanks.
    I would check with the specific app developer and if they don't have the feature to turn off previews from notifications on the lock screen, suggest that they include the feature in the next version of the app.
    12-19-2015 10:35 PM
    In whatsapp go to settings (inside whatsapp app) and then notifications. you can uncheck "preview" message when a notification comes
    12-20-2015 03:15 AM
    Also this for any app.
    12-20-2015 09:35 AM
    This does not answer my question. If the alert style is none, then how do I know what notification it is from based on sound? Yes, I can customize my notif sound but I do not want that. I want a notif that i can look at on lock screen without showing message preview (or unlocking). Otherwise everyone that has my phone can pry on my messages without unlocking my phone.
    12-21-2015 02:16 PM
    This does not answer my question. If the alert style is none, then how do I know what notification it is from based on sound? Yes, I can customize my notif sound but I do not want that. I want a notif that i can look at on lock screen without showing message preview (or unlocking). Otherwise everyone that has my phone can pry on my messages without unlocking my phone.
    Does toggling "Show on lockscreen" off not work?
    12-21-2015 03:00 PM