is there a setting to disable notification message on lock screen?

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
for notification on lock screen, if you receive a notification (for example a chat from LINE or whatsapp), you can see the chat content when you enable notification on lock screen.

Is there a way to set the notification on lock screen to be ON, but not seeing the notification message? Therefore I can be notified that I receive a whatsapp or LINE chat on lockscreen without reading the chat message.

Now I can disable notification on lock screen and enable sound, but it's stupid if I have BBM, whatsapp, LINE, and if i do that on all 3, I can hear sound, but I don't know which chat app that has new message.

Android can do this, for privacy. So I get notification, but can't read the message. Otherwise anyone can just read the new incoming message .

Thanks.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I believe that's usually controlled at the app level in Settings > Notifications. For example, the message preview for Messages can be disabled (see below).
294771221d1d9dae98476e5214b6a82f.jpg

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I just checked my LINE and whatsapp, they do not have this message preview.

Only Message which is a native iOS app from Apple.

Maybe Apple does not allow 3rd party to do this due to SW?

Thanks.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I just checked my LINE and whatsapp, they do not have this message preview.

Only Message which is a native iOS app from Apple.

Maybe Apple does not allow 3rd party to do this due to SW?

Thanks.

I would check with the specific app developer and if they don't have the feature to turn off previews from notifications on the lock screen, suggest that they include the feature in the next version of the app.

Gabebcn

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
In whatsapp go to settings (inside whatsapp app) and then notifications. you can uncheck "preview" message when a notification comes

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

This does not answer my question. If the alert style is none, then how do I know what notification it is from based on sound? Yes, I can customize my notif sound but I do not want that. I want a notif that i can look at on lock screen without showing message preview (or unlocking). Otherwise everyone that has my phone can pry on my messages without unlocking my phone.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This does not answer my question. If the alert style is none, then how do I know what notification it is from based on sound? Yes, I can customize my notif sound but I do not want that. I want a notif that i can look at on lock screen without showing message preview (or unlocking). Otherwise everyone that has my phone can pry on my messages without unlocking my phone.

Does toggling "Show on lockscreen" off not work?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods