iOS 9.2 just released

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If anyone can help me out with this please let me know. I have no idea why there is blank apps in my settings like this and what I should do to fix it

How did you update? OTA? iTunes? Full restore as new or did you update over your existing stuff?

I had a few like that when I initially ran the betas but they're not like that now.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
How did you update? OTA? iTunes? Full restore as new or did you update over your existing stuff?

I had a few like that when I initially ran the betas but they're not like that now.

My phone never updated from beta four as it ended up being the official release.

I am getting EXTREMELY annoyed at this nonsense. I even just tried to sync my phone with iTunes and they are STILL there in settings

Last edited:

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Just reboot in DFU mode and restore as new.

I was going to do that but when I asked iTunes to restore the phone it wanted me to download a 2gb file and I only get 25gb of WiFi data a month which I've already used up and my net has been slowed to 64kbps. I tried downloading it anyway but the download timed out. I love how the entire world thinks everyone has unlimited data

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I was going to do that but when I asked iTunes to restore the phone it wanted me to download a 2gb file and I only get 25gb of WiFi data a month which I've already used up and my net has been slowed to 64kbps. I tried downloading it anyway but the download timed out. I love how the entire world thinks everyone has unlimited data

Nobody could possibly know your data limitations, or anyone else's for that matter. It was a suggestion to help, but if you need to wait until your next cycle or find a fast public wifi (assuming there is one available, of course!) that's up to you. Do you have an Apple Store nearby? They usually have good wifi, at least as far as I've seen.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

If you're going to run betas, you have to expect many bugs. It goes with the beta territory. If you don't want these issues, then stay off the betas. I'm on 9.2, and it's fine.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Nobody could possibly know your data limitations, or anyone else's for that matter. It was a suggestion to help, but if you need to wait until your next cycle or find a fast public wifi (assuming there is one available, of course!) that's up to you. Do you have an Apple Store nearby? They usually have good wifi, at least as far as I've seen.

Where did I say I had a problem with the suggestion? I didn't. I appreciated the suggestion. What I don't appreciate is every fix of apple costing incredible amounts of data

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Where did I say I had a problem with the suggestion? I didn't. I appreciated the suggestion. What I don't appreciate is every fix of apple costing incredible amounts of data

It was the last sentence, when the poster suggested to restore:

I love how the entire world thinks everyone has unlimited data

May have misread your intent, which may have been directed more to Apple than the person suggesting it :) NO worries -- thanks for clarifying!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

A majority of fixes are often done by a mere reboot, but if you have a corrupted OS or app, you are going to have to consume data to re-download no matter the brand of device.

Nabooy

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Not quite sure what you're trying to do but if you want to make it fresh like out of the box and set everything up as new, use Restore which will erase everything and install the updated software.

If you want to leave your device the way it is but put the new software on it then use update.
OK now that's the question. Do I have to restore and wire everything FIRST BEFORE installing the updated software or do the update and THEN LATER use the restore? Which comes first?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
OK now that's the question. Do I have to restore and wire everything FIRST BEFORE installing the updated software or do the update and THEN LATER use the restore? Which comes first?

Happens at the same time if you do it on iTunes. Just hit "restore".

If you're doing it over wifi, it doesn't matter -- just erase all contents through the Settings app on the phone and then update. Or do it the other way around.

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
this may not be the right thread for this but does anyone know how to re-download a already purchased tune? "tunes" does not show in the purchased area.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
It was the last sentence, when the poster suggested to restore:

I love how the entire world thinks everyone has unlimited data

May have misread your intent, which may have been directed more to Apple than the person suggesting it :) NO worries -- thanks for clarifying!

I meant apple

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
A majority of fixes are often done by a mere reboot, but if you have a corrupted OS or app, you are going to have to consume data to re-download no matter the brand of device.

Android don't make you download 2.1gb for the software each time you want to do a reset of the device. It's just a case of factory reset done. I was referring how to restore on Apple you are forced to redownload the entire operating system all over again

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Android don't make you download 2.1gb for the software each time you want to do a reset of the device. It's just a case of factory reset done. I was referring how to restore on Apple you are forced to redownload the entire operating system all over again

You don't have to. You can:

- reboot (won't reinstall)
- erase all contents and settings (wiped clean, won't reinstall)
- fully restore which is like erase all content but also applies a fresh coat of paint :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

No one downloads 2.1 gb for an update! You only need that much for the download to happen. But it's not permanent. It doesn't continue to take that much space. It's just for the update.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW