As apps get updates are they also thinning the file size? Or do I have to manually delete and reinstall them to get a smaller size? iPhone 5s 64gb latest iOS
    11-12-2015 09:08 AM
    Some updated apps may indeed be smaller in size than the original, but that depends on the app. The update itself may even be small, but if you delete the app and then .opt to reinstall it, you will be installing the full app (full size and all).
    11-12-2015 02:57 PM
    Some updated apps may indeed be smaller in size than the original, but that depends on the app. The update itself may even be small, but if you delete the app and then .opt to reinstall it, you will be installing the full app (full size and all).
    That makes no sense. The entire point of "thinning" is to only provide the modules that make sense on the device. IOW, if an app is properly packaged for thinning, I will never get the parts that make multitasking possible since neither of my iOS devices have that functionality, and the parts that control display layout will also be thinned to only include the screen options on the device it's being installed on.

MY question on thinning is whether that works only for OTA installs, or does it also work if the install is done via iTunes and the local computer.
    Trigati likes this.
    11-12-2015 11:21 PM