I had a whole bunch of text shortcuts that had been working fine on my iPhone and iPad. I noticed in the last couple of days that they weren't working, and when I checked on the iPhone they were all gone and on the iPad all but one were gone. Both are using the same iCloud account.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    11-07-2015 01:18 PM
    After installing the official iOS 9.1 version and setting my device as new, I noticed my previous keyboard shortcuts were no longer available. I figured that when I had finished setting things up, especially iCloud, the shortcut would return, however, they never did. I wasn't negatively impacted by it, though. I just created a few that I use often and went about my business. I'm currently on the iOS 9.2 Public beta 2 and my keyboard shortcuts are still available to me.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 11-07-2015 at 02:09 PM.
    11-07-2015 01:46 PM
    If they're completely gone from Settings > General > Keyboards > Text Replacement my gut tells me they're not coming back and I can only recommend inputting the shortcuts again. I haven't experienced that issue before.
    11-07-2015 01:49 PM
    Do you have a Mac? If so, add a new shortcut on there & it should sync all your old ones back.

If not, try hard resetting the phone by holding home & power buttons until you see the Apple logo. If still missing, try adding a few new ones on both iPhone & iPad and in my experience, they usually come back (sooner or later).

I rely on them so heavily, I always take screenshots of all the shortcuts before upgrading to a new beta. Pain in the arise to re-add them all manually, but better than completely losing them..

Rob Phillips likes this.
    11-07-2015 03:59 PM
    Interesting--they are all intact on my MacBook Air. I just tried adding a new one there to see if it forces a resync.
    robertk328 likes this.
    11-07-2015 05:09 PM
    Interesting--they are all intact on my MacBook Air. I just tried adding a new one there to see if it forces a resync.
    Let us know if it works.
    11-07-2015 05:44 PM
    Good luck, keep us posted!
    11-07-2015 06:18 PM
    Well, as someone else suggested, it all just reappeared as randomly as it disappeared. Odd.
    11-11-2015 02:36 PM
    Mine are still there. But I don't use them much. A few. I mostly use the SwiftKey memory and the app KuaiBoard. KuaiBoard has all I need, including paragraphs I use here on iMore a lot.
    blackmagicwoman likes this.
    11-11-2015 02:57 PM
    Earlier this year I couldn't delete any. They kept coming back. There was no fix for it and it was interfering with my texting on the stock keyboard. I finally restored my phone as new. That did the trick.
    11-11-2015 06:52 PM