What's With Mail And Safari In iOS 9?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
For the most part since I upgraded from my 5 to the iPhone 6s Plus, Safari has been much better thanks to 2 gb RAM and an Ad Blocker. However, there's a problem. On several occasions, when I tap a link in Mail (Gmail), it doesn't open in Safari. This has occurred with various sites. I had one news organization's newsletter do this way, along with other sites including MobileNations. The Windows Central newsletter to be exact. When I tapped to unsubscribe, it would not open in Safari.
Got this:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446815527.871910.jpg

So I paste it in my Puffin browser and it works fine.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446815582.495172.jpg

Anyone else seen this?

News reports from one of my news org's newsletter simply wouldn't open in Safari. I got the same notice as above.
Tapping on to a Windows Central article had the same result.

Last edited:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
For the most part since I upgraded from my 5 to the iPhone 6s Plus, Safari has been much better thanks to 2 gb RAM and an Ad Blocker. However, there's a problem. On several occasions, when I tap a link in Mail (Gmail), it doesn't open in Safari. This has occurred with various sites. I had one news organization's newsletter do this way, along with other sites including MobileNations. The Windows Central newsletter to be exact. When I tapped to unsubscribe, it would not open in Safari.
Got this:
View attachment 97517

So I paste it in my Puffin browser and it works fine.
View attachment 97518

Anyone else seen this?

News reports from one of my news org's newsletter simply wouldn't open in Safari. I got the same notice as above.
Tapping on to a Windows Central article had the same result.

In Safari hold the refresh and load the URL again without content blockers and see if it loads

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73